“Love this Place!”
Review of Tamarack Lodge

Tamarack Lodge
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Ketchum
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent service! Tamarack Lodge is our favorite place to stay in Ketchum. Within walking distance of shops, stores, eating, and entertainment. Very quiet, very clean, very comfortable. We won't stay anywhere else. Would like to thank both Robbie and Tom on our recent stay!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the suites and also the Queen rooms. Both are excellent, very roomy, clean and qu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
woodriverinn, Owner at Tamarack Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Cindals,
Thank you for your kind words. We are very proud of the Tamarack and want to ensure that all of our guests have the best stay possible. I especially like that you would not stay anywhere else. That says it all. I will be sure to share your kind words with Robbie and Tom.
Cheers,

There are newer reviews for Tamarack Lodge

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Apart from a good location, my husband and I thought this hotel was very average. In fact, from the outside, the hotel looks like a barn. I can't understand why when a hotel is nearly empty, management want to put you in a room that is pretty ordinary. Why not put your guests in an upgraded room - just for the experience? From the moment we walked it, the room smelled and even though it was meant to be a refurbished room, it looked old and tired.

There was a cute little balcony, but it abutted the roof which was pretty strange as it felt like we were sitting on the roof.

I loved the town of Ketchum, and I'm sure there are other hotels that are better than this one. Wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Caroline,
I apologize that you were put in an average room. It is our policy to upgrade our guests whenever possible.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is older property but my room was updated with new paint, fixtures, and a new TV. I think that most of the other stuff in the room (like the bed and pillows, etc) were also new. The room felt fresh.
The cleanliness was very good, especially for a hotel that is pet friendly in a town with very few pet-friendly hotels.

The location is in central Ketchum - it is very affordable considering the location.

The staff was friendly and helpful - I was having trouble with my TV and the staff came to my room promptly and fixed the problem.

Thanks Tara.

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms are great if you have a dog - there is a very nice courtyard that you can use...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
woodriverinn, Owner at Tamarack Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

David,
Thank you for the great descriptive review of the Tamarack Lodge. We continue to make upgrades to the rooms and appreciate your feedback.
Thanks, Ryan

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Thank you for making us feel welcome. Tom, was very polite, and helpful. The room smelled a little of smoke, but was clean. The bed was comfortable, and was impressed with the white linen.. The balcony was a perk!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Elisha999,
We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at the Tamarack Lodge. We will look into the smoke smell as we are 100% smoke free property.
Thanks, Ryan

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great and comfortable stay here. Hotel is located right in the center of town, great location and walking distance from a lot of restaraunt and activities. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Staff was very helpful and nice, especially Tom at the front desk. Would stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Alexandria,
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience at the tamarack Lodge.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Right in town. Low key vibe. Super friendly service. Thanks Tom! Rooms are decently updated. Can't say enough how great the location is!!! Pool and hot tub were clean and ready to use. Parking could be a little better. Other than that, no complaints!

• Stayed: May 2014
woodriverinn, Owner at Tamarack Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dsgbiker,
Thank you for your review of the Tamarack Lodge. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Next time please let us know about the parking situation and we will recommend additional spots that you can conveniently part at. We have a large lot in the back of the property that sometimes gets over looked. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I thought $119 was high for the off season but, Tom said he would make a deal with me and give me the room for
$ 99 if I gave the hotel a five star rating and mentioned his name.

I may have given that rating if I had been treated fairly with out the bribe.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DanF32

DanF32,
I am sorry for the confusion about the discount. I am sorry for the confusion on the rate. In talking to Tom I believe his intension was to adjust your rate so that you had a 5 star stay with us. We do strive for a 5 star stays with all our guests. Again, sorry for the confusion and I hope you will consider staying at the Tamarack during your next business travel to Sun Valley.
Ryan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ketchum
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
Wood River Inn & Suites
Knob Hill Inn
Knob Hill Inn
#1 of 10 in Ketchum

Been to Tamarack Lodge? Share your experiences!