“Great place on Main St. for before or after theater meal”

Cornerstone Bar and Grill
Ranked #24 of 78 Restaurants in Ketchum
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd
Transit: MT RIDES bus stop nearby. Taxi service.
New York City, New York
“Great place on Main St. for before or after theater meal”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

If you are seeing a show at the Nexstage Theater on Main St. the Cornerstone Bar & Grill is a very convenient and excellent place for eats and drinks before or dinner after.
The last time my wife and I ate there, this past Aug. 26th was with our two friends who are Ketchum locals. I would definitely get a reservation especially if you are doing dinner after a show.
The decor in the main room at street level strikes a nice balance between modern lines and the colors of a traditional steakhouse.
The service was very good, knowledgeable and efficient. The night we were there they were having a 2 for 1 appetizer deal so we ordered 2 orders of raw oysters, 8 to an order. They were so good and fresh and went down so fast between the four of us we ordered 2 more. The waiter came back with only one order and said that since these were the last 8 oysters in the restaurant they were on the house. All the entrees were very well executed. My wife had the Cioppino and although not as good as at Sotto Mare in SF it was very good, the pasta cooked to perfection not too soft or chewy. I had the Chicken breast w/sour cream mashed potatoes. The chicken was excellent, tender and juicy and the mashed potatoes very tasty. I'm sure the wine list is very good but I'm a beer guy so I had Black Butte Porter to wash it all down which is an excellent dark beer I can only get when I come out west.
I had the Carrot cake for dessert which was light and flavorful and a huge slice. My wife had the Creme Brulee that she said was disappointing as the crust on top was too hard and the custard was cold.
And not only that Scott Glenn was sitting next to us on the bench along the wall finishing up a drink when we came in so you can even do a little celeb spotting while you're there.

• Visited August 2013

“Average Cioppino”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Nice atmosphere. Service was good. Appetizers were good but the cioppino was a bit disappointing. Others in our party thought that food was good but not great and a bit pricey.

Visited September 2013
california
“Best Mac and Cheese Ever”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

What a nice surprise. We went because our daughter was raving about the macaroni and cheese and we discovered a restaurant with very healthy organic food, nice preparations and delicious flavors

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We had a delicious meal at the Cornerstone on our last visit to SV. Two adults two Tweens. Food and cocktails/wines were great. Kids found some items on menu which they liked and grown ups found plenty of yummy offerings. We had a reservation. Wasn't too slammed or crowded. Would be a great place to go also if we're a just a couple but families welcomed.
We will return on our next trip.

Visited August 2013
Jackson, Wyoming
“Very good”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at Cornerstone. Went with my husband and two children. Our server was very nice, attentive and helpful. I loved the restaurants decor, modern yet comfortable. Everything we ordered was delicious. The kids loved the Mac and Cheese. Great drink selection with some creative cocktails. Would definitely go back. Great addition to the restaurants in Ketchum and like that it is a departure from the usual steak and potato place.

• Visited July 2013