“Fabulous”
other travellers have booked this property
bridge winter evening
living room
upstairs suite
master suite
master suite
view from upstairs suite to river
pool house
natural hots springs tub in front of fireplace
outdoor firepalce by tub
exterior of sauna
interior sauna
view towards river of natural hot water tub
natural hot water tub on river view of entrance
entrance
barn greenhouse gym
main entrance
main entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SweetieDo...
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 12 January 2018 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I just love this property, it is a magical place with a feeling of restfulness and serenity.
Lisa and Michael are wonderful hosts and just want you to have the best time while you are there.
The place certainly has the wow factor and attention to detail is visible all over.
Sitting in the hot tub next to the river is just the ultimate after a day of hiking or skiing.
I would go there every year if I could.
Thank you guys, perfect.

stacyanna...
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Hard to put into words just how lovely our stay was”
Reviewed 26 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Croney Cove was spectacular in every way. House was immaculately decorated and every convenience was provided. Location was remote yet accessible enough to Ketchum for trips into town for dining. The architecture brings to mind a fairy tale cottage, and photos can't do it, or its magical setting, justice. You really need to be there, listening to the stress relieving babble of the creek, to believe that such a place can be your pretend house, albeit briefly. The two soaking tubs were comfortable and romantic, as was the awesome sauna. The owners thought of everything, even having two great hammocks available for us to hang on our own personal covered bridge across the creek. Reading and napping in them while enjoying the gorgeous outdoors was a real highlight.

The owners are nearby, yet also take great pains to give renters their privacy. However if you need anything at all they will take care of it promptly. Lisa and Michael were the best!!! They obviously have a deep affection for their property and get a real kick out of sharing it with others. We hit the vacation jackpot with this rental. Our first time but will NOT be the last.

Big shout out to their dog Jack, the greatest "loaner dog" ever. We had lots of fun with him running around in the creek, and he filled our dogless void (having to board our own dogs for the trip). The owners only let him run, though, because we wanted to play -- if pets aren't your thing, no worries, you won't interact with him. He's never allowed into the rental house so if you're allergic to dogs it won't be an issue for you.

There are hiking paths from right behind the house, leading into the Sawtooth Forest. We even hiked up to Cougar Cave and watched the total eclipse from there! Don't miss out on a spectacular drive up to Dollarhyde Summit, several miles further down the road. The landscape is breathtaking and it'll feel like your own private forest. You could make several picnic lunches with all the gourmet snacks Lisa stocks the kitchen with for you (a very pleasant surprise).

If I could rate Croney Cove 100 stars I would. Just an unforgettable experience.

Management Response
6 Sep 2017
Thank you very much for the beautifully written review. You are greatly missed!!! I do hope we get to spend more time with you both.
The Best,
Lisa
Allen S
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Soothing the Soul with Natural Beauty and Tranquility”
Reviewed 12 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

It took me 36 years to return to Idaho, where I worked as a young newspaper reporter fresh out of college. A recent weeklong stay at Croney Cove made me regret ever leaving.

Such was the effect this place had on my wife and me. Nestled at 6,000 feet in Idaho's Smoky Mountains, 10 miles west of Ketchum and Sun Valley Resort, Croney Cove is a Bavarian-style guest chalet situated on a picturesque trout stream, Warm Springs Creek

We arrived on a Saturday to find the refrigerator stocked with wine, cheeses, gourmet snacks and soft drinks. The kitchen is small but workable and fully equipped with everything we needed to prepare meals in-house, which we did most nights. Outside, beyond the Pella crank-out windows, we watched goldfinches, scarlet tanagers American dippers and hummingbirds search along Warm Springs Creek for their last food of the day

Owners Lisa Vierling and husband Michael Stoneback have furnished the two-story log chalet with European antiques and art.. It sits among Aspens and lodge pole pines and is accessed by crossing a delightful covered bridge over the creek. There are balconies front and back off the large second-floor master suite and wood burning fireplaces upstairs, downstairs and in the front yard.

As is the case with many communities in central Idaho, the cabin sits atop a geothermal zone and has radiant floor heat. The tap water is imbued with minerals, including sulfur. We used it for bathing and washing dishes and relied on a five-gallon spring-water dispenser in the kitchen for drinking and cooking.

Croney Cove is at once Idaho rustic and Sun Valley chic. Not one, but two hot tubs sit between the cabin and the creek and are constantly replenished by natural hot springs.. We used them each night, sipping wine as we relaxed from a day of hiking, fishing and local sight-seeing. Nighttime temperatures dipped into the upper 40s -- even in August. Daytime highs were in the mid to upper 80s with bright sunshine and barely a cloud all week.

We chose Croney Cove for a summer vacation because of our passions -- mine for fly-fishing and my wife's for hiking, as well as a shared love of mountains. The Ketchum area boasts several world-class trout streams, including the Big Wood River, Silver Creek and Lost River. I fished several catch-and-release sections of the Big Wood in and near Ketchum, but I also came to know the rainbows and Eastern brook trout right outside my cabin door.

We' told Lisa and Michael that we will be back next summer, or perhaps sooner if we feel up to the challenge of Sun Valley's magnificent ski runs. In any case, I won't wait another 30-plus years to return to this very special place.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Seattle
Reviewed 11 April 2012 for a stay in February 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing