“Best of downtown Ketchum/Sun Valley”
Review of Globus

Globus
Reserve with OpenTable
Globus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 79 Restaurants in Ketchum
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We do not use open table for reservations please call the restaurant
South Florida, Florida
“Best of downtown Ketchum/Sun Valley”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Difficult to find, but definitely worth a visit. We spent a week in the Sun Valley/Ketchum area and Globus was our top pick for the week, second only to CK's in Hailey for best restaurant in the region.

Nicely decorated in calm, relaxed setting. Linen table cloths and quality stemware. Staff was very friendly and welcoming, service was helpful and accommodative. Food was excellent, particulary shrimp pad thai. Presentations were very creative.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank dubaytom

Perpignan, France
“supports local farmers”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Even supporting local farmers I did not think the pad thai with tofu was good value. For this dish the price was $$$$ but the dish was not outstanding.. The wine selection was good with wines from unique areas within known countries. I felt rushed the entire meal.

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fun in summer”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We go to SV in winter and summer. Due to the outdoor seating we love globus. Winter we don't go. Love the Asian influenced dishes. Fun for whole family or just a couple looking for some yummy food and wines. We will return.

Visited August 2013
Newport Beach, California
“always a treat.........”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you were to ask my family "what's your favorite restaurant?" All would say GLOBUS. We have been long time fans. We are only part time residents, however we take time for Globus on every visit. The Crispy Fish never disappoints. It is well worth the visit, and never disappoints.

• Visited July 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Reviving Sun Valley's History of Fine Cuisine”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

As a regular summer/winter visitor to Sun Valley for the last 20 years, I had been mourning the decline in the cuisine over the last several years. But my recent visit to Globus has made me hopeful that the good ol' days might be in revival.

My enthusiasm began with an exquisite opening act: perfectly seared foie gras over a blueberry donut surrounded with a bourbon maple glaze. A slightly odd sounding combination that worked wonderfully. Also appetizing was their pork dumplings using quality pork from Niman Ranch.

A highlight among the entrees is their Chipolte Miso Glazed Black Cod served with porcini mushrooms, sweet corn veloute and, the best part, dusted with fennel pollen. My Panang Curry was among the most flavorful curries I can recall, with genuinely authentic essences of Southeast Asia -- authentic in all dimensions except one: the spicy heat was nicely contained for my ageing and consequently less tolerant palate. The 'kick' was just enough to give the chicken curry life without making it difficult to approach.

Dessert is a course I almost always skip as a token homage to my health. But with the previous courses all so excellent, I felt a need to sample the full scope of the kitchen. I have become very fond of salted caramel ice cream/gelato and I order it anywhere I see it. So when it was offered at Globus, I couldn't resist. It turned out to be simply the best I have tasted. Aided by a swirls of salted caramel, the marriage with the ice cream made it sublime.

There were many other items on the menu that caught my attention and I looked forward to several more visits to sample them. Unfortunately the August forest fires and the resulting forced evacuation cut short our visit to Sun Valley and we were unable to further test the kitchen. But from our one experience it is strongly suggested this kitchen was not just well-trained, but more critically, executes with a passion for food.

• Visited August 2013