“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I ate at Cavacava with 7 other people and our meal was fantastic! Considering we had a large party, the food came out quickly and the meal was super. I had the trout which was to die for. We ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley (unfortunately I can't recall the name) which was very good and surprisingly not expensive. It drank like a bottle twice the price. This was probably the best meal we had the entire week in Ketchum and we highly recommend it!

There are newer reviews for CavaCava

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We had a sensational food experience. I especially loved the Yellowtail dripping in grapefruit and the Kale salad. My sister shared the short ribs with her fiancé which they claimed 'was fabulous.' We shared a bottle of the George IV wine labeled 7000 Mistresses at a great price point. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family had dinner here as soon as we arrived to Ketchum for the holidays. We have eaten here many times, but hardly recognized the place. The decor has been completely redone since we last came in the Fall, and it looks great. Menu is a lot different, too. It's a smaller menu - more tapas like with several small plate options - in addition to 4 or so entrees. We ate family style with plates being passed around the table so that everyone could taste everything. Highlights for me were the game hen and mussels. Kids love the bread sticks, so I was glad to see that they are still around. I will definitely be back.

Note to those with families... There was not a published kids' menu, but the chef made pizzas for our boys that they loved.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I went to CavaCava during the running of the sheep festival in Ketchum/Sun Valley where we were graciously welcomed and treated to a wonderful meal with appetizers and entrees that were delicious and unavailable anywhere else in town.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I happened to visit the Ketchum/Sun Valley area in early April, just as the ski season was winding down. Some of the restaurants were closed, so we were pleased to see this wine bar open on a side street when we were looking for a place for lunch. We started with flutes of a lively cava, which is Spanish sparkling wine. We shared a bowl of crisp, earthy potato chips infused with truffle oil. A really special treat for $7. We each got entree salads, salads Nicoise for me and blackened chicken for him. They were fresh and light but still filling. We also tried the soup of the day, a hearty lentil flavored with carrots and bits of pork. The service was friendly, and we didn't feel rushed, even though we arrived toward the end of the lunch service time.