All reviews no elevator sun valley breakfast room quiet location bald mountain hot tub parking lot nice fireplace second floor in town mountain view bike trail walking distance to downtown ski resort nice stay ski runs best westerns
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Great breakfast with ham, bacon and/or sausage as well as fresh blueberries and blackberries and a good selection of cereals including raisin bran. Quiet location yet walking distance to town. Probably the closest hotel the Bald Mountain gondola lift, just a few minutes walk. Friendly and helpful staff.

I've now stayed in both Best Western hotels in Ketchum and the Tyrolean Lodge is definitely my favorite!

Room Tip: The top floor has new views and high ceilings.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pete R
Mary P, General Manager at Best Western Tyrolean Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hi Pete,
Thank you very much for posting this review, I'm glad you enjoyed the Old World Charm of the Tyrolean Lodge! We are always happy to hear mention of our very Plentiful Breakfast Buffet, and all that is offered. I am glad you enjoyed our close proximity to Bald Mountain and the breathtaking view, as the closest hotel to the River Run Ski area and the Sun Valley Gondola.
We also appreciate your giving a shout out to our wonderful team! We look forward to your next visit! Hope to See you soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

It was okay, but probably better in town available........ room was okay but had thin connecting door with the next room which sadly had noisy folk in it..... Breakfast was the usual USA offerings and was ok. It was probably fair value for money, but avoid rooms with connecting doors

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 598chrise

Hi 598Chrise,
I'm sorry you were disappointing in your stay with us and to hear that you had noise problems, if you had contacted the front desk, they would have addressed the issue for you.We are very happy that you stayed at The Tyrolean Lodge, and thank you for posting this review! I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a superior stay. We all look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

The room was clean, quiet and well equipped. Front desk staff were helpful and attentive. The breakfast was abundant, but not quite up to snuff. No forks or knives, an empty waffle machine, a broken syrup container, coagulated oatmeal. The gentleman working in the dining room did remedy most things when I pointed them out. For Ketchum, this hotel was quite well priced and a nice place to stay. The view from the front entrance was beautiful--mountains, trees, a pleasant field.
Be advised that pets are allowed.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hi CLC48,
We are very happy that you stayed at the Tyrolean Lodge and thank you for posting this review! I apologize for the problems you had in the breakfast room, I can't express enough how disappointing I am to hear of the issues you had, our breakfast is usually top notch, I will look into your remarks, and make sure these things never happen again.
I am glad you enjoyed the many other amenities we offer especially the Mountain View Rooms with the best view of Bald Mountain in the area, and our very attentive staff. I hope you will consider staying with us again and give us another chance to provide you with superior service. We all look forward to your return!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

A large group of us stayed 3 nights. The Tyrolean Lodge gets kudos for accommodating our game and card playing evenings! Warm cookies in the afternoon and delicious breakfasts in the mornings were outstanding!! It really doesn't get much better than this. Thanks to all!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Mary P, General Manager at Best Western Tyrolean Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank You Nancy for reviewing the Tyrolean Lodge, What an awesome review you submitted. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so. It is wonderful to hear about your time with us, and we are very proud to know that our staff provided you and your group with a wonderful and memorable visit. It is great to hear that you enjoyed everything from the very Plentiful Hot Breakfast Buffet served each morning to the Fresh Warm Cookies served every afternoon. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I was there with a group of 52 and we had good accommodations. Great breakfast with many items to offer. Staff was wonderful. Rooms were nice. Close to skiing and biking trails. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Mary P, General Manager at Best Western Tyrolean Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

What an awesoem review you have submitted for the Tyrolean Lodge. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so. It is wonderful to hear about your time with us, and how much you enjoyed our Wonderful Breakfast Buffet, our close proximity to Bald Mountain Ski Area and the Breathtaking Views, Thank you so much for mentioning our staff, they work very hard to try to make each persons stay memorable. We can't wait to have you back with us again.