“Outstanding Mexican Food!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Gallo Giro
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Kuna
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Meridian, Idaho
“Outstanding Mexican Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wen there on a double date last Friday night and it was every bit as good as advertised. We had about a 20-30 minute wait at 7, but we just had a drink at the bar and talked tequila with the bartenders and patrons while we waited. The bartender was super eager to talk tequila to us. Even ended up getting our friend a shot of the nice stuff which the owner even got excited about and personally came over and outlined how to properly take a shot of the tequila we got for him.

Food was definitely some of the best Mexican we have had. Everything was well seasoned and moist. My wife and I split two entrees and even the mini chimichangas which very frequently have pretty dry meat in them where super moist on the inside and perfectly crispy on the outside. We also had the table side guac and it was well worth the purchase and between the four of us we probably could have eaten two bowls of it.

The drinks were good and reasonably priced for their size.

Tampa, Florida
“Authentic Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

As a general rule, I only eat Mexican food when I am in Mexico, never liked Mexican food in the U.S. This restaurant in a small city in Idaho is the best Mexican restaurant I have eaten at. Even the menu has things that I have never seen in other "Mexican" restaurants, like lamb, beef tongue, tripe tacos. My husband had the lunch buffet and I ordered three small lamb and tripe tacos. Excellent service, free tortilla chip and salsa.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Boise, Idaho
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Whenever the family has a special occasion this is one of the places that we go to. Delicious food always!! We went there for Fathers Day/Daughters birthday and wasn't disappointed. Wide variety of food. I love the Lengua Tacos and the Chile Rellanos. The fish tacos are good, the goat isn't bad, but I didn't care for the tripe as it was cooked differently than I have had before. I've had the burritos and they are great as well. My son tends to get the tricolor enchiladas.

I highly recommend taking the drive and going here. Staff is always friendly and courteous. Also, get the homemade guacamole and make sure they make it spicy. Delicious!! I would like to go the Sunday Brunch sometime as I heard it is very good.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Good food, good service, good price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Have been here many times with up to 10 family members at a time, and the food has always been good, the service very good, and the tab affordable. This is a family restaurant, and we have always found a manager to be present during the dinner hour, checking with customers to see if there is anything he can do for them. The food is really good, which keeps us coming back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kuna, Idaho
“the best Mexican restaurant around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

El Gallo Giro is a great restaurant for families, date night you name it. Reasonably priced meals, family owned and operated and authentic Mexican meals. Murals help create a fun experience.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank IDMommaT

Been to El Gallo Giro? Share your experiences!