“Charming little inn in quaint town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alpaca Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lava Hot Springs
Alpaca Inn
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Charming little inn in quaint town”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My good friend and I stayed here on a trip to Lava Hot Springs. I had never stayed overnight in the town before, because none of the hotels looked terribly appealing...then I saw the Alpaca Inn. The room was charming and quite large enough for the two of us. I appreciated that it was decorated, not in a generic motel sort of way, but in a homey, pleasant, comfortable style. The owners were as nice as they could be (we even went and took a look at their little alpaca farm right outside of town - where I had the once-in-a-lifetime experience of having an alpaca spit food on me...very memorable.) A great stay in my favorite quirky town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meg18SLC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Me, my husband, and my 3 yr old decided to go on a last minute weekend getaway so we called last minute on a Friday afternoon to see if they had any rooms and the only one they had was the family suite which they let us have at the price of a smaller room. It was SO nice, clean, quiet, and amazing! They give you a variety of different types of pillows to sleep on, plenty of towels, soaps, bedding, nice comfy couches to sit on, DVD player, the list goes on... They spent a lot of time making it feel as though your at home (which you certainly do!). Check out is at 11 but "they can be flexible" and we are NOT morning people so they were very accommodating and let us check out at 1. We are planning our next trip up there in a few Weeks! Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank mamabigbear
Reviewed 19 February 2013

The management/staff were all so very nice and welcoming. The property is well kept, the room was cozy and clean. And I really love the alpaca wool gloves I bought in the store! This was a quick weekend getaway with my friend and we really enjoyed ourselves. I mentioned that we might be arriving later than anticipated and was able to select a code for the keyless entry to our room in the event the lobby had closed for the evening. We were given our choice of dvds to watch, as our room had a dvd player in it. Great place to stay. Alpaca Inn is going to be my first choice when I return to Lava.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We as a family have stayed at the Alpaca Inn every year for the last 7 years. We usally stay in the family apt. It's huge and can sleep up to 9 comfortably. There is a cute "childs nook" in the master bedroom, that there are no photos of in the web sight. The kids LOVE IT!!!
Londa and Jody, the owners are always very helpfull and gracious. The hotel is very clean and organized, and the alpaca decore is very cute. I have stayed other places in Lava Hotsprings, but none as well run and CLEAN. The office gift shop is well stocked with alpaca wool and novelties. I don't knit but I always end up buying for those who do. We will always stay at the Alpaca Inn when we go to Lava Hotsprings, its like having family there.

Room Tip: The apt. unit is across the street from the only bar in town, the small rooms are quieter. Bring you...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DawnP4
Sandy
Reviewed 30 January 2013

What a GREAT get-away to go to Lava Hot Springs from Salt Lake City!!!!!!
First time going! The trip (with good weather) is only around 2 hours and it was so fun to come into a small city with lots of history!!!
We stayed at the Alpaca Inn and the owners were so hospitable!!! We called to say we would be getting there later at night and they left a light on for us and the room was warm and ready for us.
It was decorated so cute it felt like we were in a cabin...the beds were very comfy and everything was very clean!!!! The small refrigerator and microwave in the room were very handy and appreciated!!! Al the amenities were great-hot chocolate/coffee/shampoo/lotion/liquid hand soap-just really nice!!!
The walls are kinda thin-so you do hear through the walls, but it didn't bother us..we slept great and really enjoyed the heater-it was so quiet and kept the room perfect.
Londa and Jody and awesome owners and the very nicest people you'd want to meet!!
Thanks for making our trip so nice. Londa recommended the steak sandwich at the Blue Moon Bar across the street and my husband Loved it!!!
This is a quaint,cozy,clean, great place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: We had 2 queen beds and a comfy chair which we used. They give extra pillows so you can find the ri...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My mom, sister and I stayed here for a girls get away this last spring and loved it! I plan on coming back sometime with just me and the hubby for a couples getaway. Great rooms, friendly staff, and beautiful courtyard.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MsRaeJ
Midvale, Utah, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I LOVE this little hotel. I would say best hotel I have ever been too! The rooms were nice and cozy. The room and Management office was very clean! The Management was wonderful!! They even gave us ideas on activities we could do, and checked each day to make sure we didn't need anything! I loved that the doors were a code, compared to a key (didn't have to carry a key around) I can't wait to go again! I will for sure stay at Alpaca Inn everytime I am in Lava. I recommend this little hotel :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple