“Good Value”

Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We enjoyed staying here - it was great for a one night stay. It was clean and nicely done. The bathroom was dominated by the most enormous jacuzzi bath, which fills three sides of the room. Didn't try it out but had a wonderful morning soak at the town's hot pools.

This is a quaint town and I would love to come back. Home Hotel is completely fine if you do not plan to spend too much time in your room as there is no balcony or outdoor space and our room had a fair amount of furniture in it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissJudith

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We went to the Lava Hot Springs and asked for a recommendation to a local hotel and they indicted this hotel and one other. They were correct the Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs was very Comfortable, the staff was superior and very helpful. I thought the bed was very soft and extremely comfortable. This hotel was a short walk to the Lava Hot Springs. I highly recommend this hotel as the staff is Kind, the rooms is great and it is close to the Hot Springs. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob D
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I would REALLY like to give Home Hotel an excellent rating, because so much of it IS excellent!

The location cannot be beat: just a few paces from the state hot springs. The service was, indeed, excellent. The historic flavor is absolutely delightful. The cleanliness is excellent. The updated decor is tasteful, not overdone. The bed linens were great. And natural spring water right in the rooms! And all this at a good price.

BUT, Home Hotel is missing two essentials for a good stay: #1 - a good bed, please. We stayed in room 144 and it seemed that the owners put a nice pillow top on the bed in an effort to make a bad mattress better. Note to hoteliers: there's only one way to make a bad mattress better: GET NEW MATTRESSES!!!

I don't know if the mattresses at Home Hotel are all the same as they are in room 144. But I felt as though there were 3 of us in bed that night. Every time I tried to turn or roll over, the mattress pushed back. It was like I was in a struggle with my mattress all night. And I woke up sore all over. I needed the hot pools the day after my stay at Home Hotel to relax my aching back.

We had originally planned to stay two night at Home Hotel, but I just didn't think I could to another night on that mattress, so we cancelled our second night reservation and cut our trip short by a day. And that's sad.

I would so like to come back to Home Hotel, but I could not do another night on a mattress like that.

#2 - Towels: For a "spa" hotel, your towels should be large and plush. Yet the towels were small, old and rough. Really nice towels would go such a long way in making the Home Hotel experience a very special one.

Dear Owners of Home Hotel, raise your rates by $10 bucks or so if you have to and buy new mattresses..........Stearns and Fosters are your best bets for mattresses that are a great quality and will last you long term. And get good towels.

These investments would be so worth it for you to make your hotel top notch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M
Home_Hotel_Manager, Owner at Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you liked most things about our hotel, especially the service, cleanliness, decor and value. We have now heard from several guests that some of our Simmons beds are too soft. We apologize! The beds are being changed asap. I will also take a look at our towel brand. Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you come back soon! -- Scott Pearhill, Innkeeper

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Aside from being the best room I've had at Lava Hot Springs, it was clean, nice, updated, there was no bugs, the tub was huge and comfy! I'd recommend an ice machine in the hallway and the fridge to pull out the other direction. But the staff was courteous and very likable and my stay was very enjoyable. Thank you to the Home Hotel for making my anniversary perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JenPresco
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We arrived this hotel late night from Moab. A lady was welcome us like family. It make us feel comfortable. I booked cheapest room which was not finished renovation yet. It was my only mistake. Room was clean and most thing was ok to sleep but does not have shower in washroom. That is reason the room that we choose was cheaper than the others. But it was good value price. If you have chance to stay this hotel, you better stay better room (little more rate).
I recommend this hotel and will stay here again, if we have chance.

Room Tip: Old room does not have hair dryer, ask desk she will give you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Luke S
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My second time in Lave Hot Springs really a fun place. Took the grandsons, arrived early with 4 little boys all tired from traveling. The staff had the room ready and we were able to check in. Our room was the newly remodeled one with the outdoor patio and hot tub. It was GREAT! Scott had suggested we would be more comfortable in that room when i had made the reservation a month of so ago. We had everything we needed We will absolutely go back and stay there again. Thank you Home Hotel staff for making our weekend get away so comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

All of Lava Hot Springs is a funky little town, so I use that term endearingly. I can't say enough about how nice the people are at the Home Hotel. We arrived several hours before check-in time, and they scurried to get our rooms ready ASAP, and seemed truly happy to be giving us good service.

We booked two small "courtyard" rooms, which were actually on the lower level of the motel rather than in the main hotel building. That was fine because we were able to park right outside the rooms. These rooms were very tiny, which was fully disclosed on the website and which is why we got two rooms. Although small, the rooms were well equipped (except for a hair dryer) and nicely decorated. My room seemed as though it might have been more recently remodeled than my friend's room in that it had a newer and much quieter air conditioner and the shower seemed to have newer hardware.

Although we didn't really have a patio or courtyard, we had a table and chairs on the walkway outside our rooms, and it was very pleasant sitting there with some snacks and wine in the evening as the little town folded up for the night.

Staying at the Home Hotel was a good experience. It's just a short walk to the hot springs facility, so that's an extra bonus. I would recommend this hotel to friends and look forward to staying here again next time I visit Lava Hot Springs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
#5 of 6 in Lava Hot Springs
Lions Gate Manor
Lions Gate Manor
#2 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs? Share your experiences!