“Will be back”

Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I looked at many properties before settling on booking this hotel. We got the Georgia O'Keefe room which is in the main old building. I could nit pick on a few things but overall we loved the room. Yes it was a bit on the small side compared to newer hotels but the extra large tub that pumps water from the hot springs was a plus. Large comfy bed, clean and with nice appointments and yes, Georgia O'Keefe prints and posters.Easy walk to the pools and restaurants and great staff and coffee. Only things keeping it from being a 5 are the walls a little thin and the tub could use re caulking and the radiator heat is hard to control (We like to sleep a little on the cool side). That aside we will definitely stay here again if we want to come down to Lava again.

Room Tip: Book a specialty room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My partner and I needed a weekend away from the usual, and had a great time. The staff was very friendly, the coffee was great, and the rooms were nice. The tub was huge, and the fact that you can adjust the temp of the mineral water to your satisfaction was definitely an added bonus.

I think the town in general has a problem with those stinkbugs, as we saw several in the room, at restaurants, and around town - but since we saw them everywhere we figured, it is what it is!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great location. Nice rooms. The tub in the room made the whole trip. The pillows were nice with different sizes to fit anyones comfort level. I am adding this last part to get the 200 character minimum. I don't see why I have to write this much.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Our first stop on a travel to Wedding trip. We read TA, and choose this place. Special rate from TA, too! We stayed on the 2nd floor, nice room, small, but very clean, comfortable king and nice seating. Fast internet. When I looked at the tub, I thought it was smallish. WRONG! When I got in it, it was HUGE. First bubble bath in a long time, too. The hot water (tub only) comes from the hot springs, the rest is city water. It made the huge tub hot and yummy to the top. A Pleasure. The staff was wonderful, We will likely stay here again!

Room Tip: first stay. no advise. But no elevator, you have to walk to second floor. They will help with luggag...
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I love the beds the most of all. I have stayed in several different rooms @ Home Hotel Lava and I love the beds, The staff, the service, the free coffee or tea or hot water or ice and I especially love the in room mineral water and huge tub. A+++ Great for a romantic weekend, I've bought a room for my Mom and stayed with her and I've also gone solo.

Room Tip: Get an upgraded room with the tub.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank grgich
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Since discovering Home Hotel in Lava Hot Springs, ID, this has become our half way "stay over" on our way from Nevada to Montana and visa versa.

Everyone is so helpful and the newly remodeled rooms are beautiful!

For those of us a little "bikini shy" Home Hotel is the perfect place to stay, as their huge (2 person) soaking tubs in each room allow you to enjoy the healing waters in the privacy of your own hotel room for as long as you wish and as late or early as you wish.

While you are there, be sure to support another US business by purchasing one of Home Hotel's hand thrown, hand crafted coffee mugs.

Scott (The Owner), It was such a pleasure meeting you - Your Staff is amazing - Thank you for making our stay even more pleasurable with each return trip. We wish the storm hadn't disrupted our planned second night - My bed isn't nearly as comfortable as the one I slept in there!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room with huge soaking tub!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NVSheltieLover
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We enjoyed staying here - it was great for a one night stay. It was clean and nicely done. The bathroom was dominated by the most enormous jacuzzi bath, which fills three sides of the room. Didn't try it out but had a wonderful morning soak at the town's hot pools.

This is a quaint town and I would love to come back. Home Hotel is completely fine if you do not plan to spend too much time in your room as there is no balcony or outdoor space and our room had a fair amount of furniture in it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 6 in Lava Hot Springs
Lions Gate Manor
Lions Gate Manor
#2 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs? Share your experiences!