“Relaxing getaway”

Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Relaxing getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

The staff was so nice over the phone when I made my reservations and didn't mind when I had to cancel one night two weeks before my trip down there. The room was so nice and it was spaced nicely. The tub was huge!!! Never ran out of hot water. Was in the Klmit room(448) and my only complaint is that I got cold during the night. The hotel is peferct walking distance from the hot springs and restaurants. Will be coming back and will remember to ask for an extra warm blankets.

Room Tip: Look at the different room options.Some don't have the two person bath tub and haven't been...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Home hotel was inviting and their soaker tubs are very relaxing. The rooms areclean and nicely decorated with beautiful artwork. It is a very short walk to the hot springs. We definitely would stay with this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank bapurvis62
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I looked at many properties before settling on booking this hotel. We got the Georgia O'Keefe room which is in the main old building. I could nit pick on a few things but overall we loved the room. Yes it was a bit on the small side compared to newer hotels but the extra large tub that pumps water from the hot springs was a plus. Large comfy bed, clean and with nice appointments and yes, Georgia O'Keefe prints and posters.Easy walk to the pools and restaurants and great staff and coffee. Only things keeping it from being a 5 are the walls a little thin and the tub could use re caulking and the radiator heat is hard to control (We like to sleep a little on the cool side). That aside we will definitely stay here again if we want to come down to Lava again.

Room Tip: Book a specialty room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My partner and I needed a weekend away from the usual, and had a great time. The staff was very friendly, the coffee was great, and the rooms were nice. The tub was huge, and the fact that you can adjust the temp of the mineral water to your satisfaction was definitely an added bonus.

I think the town in general has a problem with those stinkbugs, as we saw several in the room, at restaurants, and around town - but since we saw them everywhere we figured, it is what it is!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great location. Nice rooms. The tub in the room made the whole trip. The pillows were nice with different sizes to fit anyones comfort level. I am adding this last part to get the 200 character minimum. I don't see why I have to write this much.

Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Our first stop on a travel to Wedding trip. We read TA, and choose this place. Special rate from TA, too! We stayed on the 2nd floor, nice room, small, but very clean, comfortable king and nice seating. Fast internet. When I looked at the tub, I thought it was smallish. WRONG! When I got in it, it was HUGE. First bubble bath in a long time, too. The hot water (tub only) comes from the hot springs, the rest is city water. It made the huge tub hot and yummy to the top. A Pleasure. The staff was wonderful, We will likely stay here again!

Room Tip: first stay. no advise. But no elevator, you have to walk to second floor. They will help with luggag...
Pocatello, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I love the beds the most of all. I have stayed in several different rooms @ Home Hotel Lava and I love the beds, The staff, the service, the free coffee or tea or hot water or ice and I especially love the in room mineral water and huge tub. A+++ Great for a romantic weekend, I've bought a room for my Mom and stayed with her and I've also gone solo.

Room Tip: Get an upgraded room with the tub.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#5 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs
The Harkness Hotel
The Harkness Hotel
#1 of 1 in McCammon

Been to Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs? Share your experiences!