“Best restaurant in town!”

Royal Hotel and Pizza Parlor
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Layton, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in town!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Most of the restaurants in town have an identical menu. We ate here to get something different. We were amazed at the specials and the fact they had a FULL bar. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent! We will definitely go there next time in town.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Eric B

• Korean first
West Jordan, Utah
“Nice place”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I can't speak to the pizza or any of the food here because we only stopped in for a beer, but the environment was very nice and so was the girl that waited on us.

• Visited May 2013
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had a party of 12 and there was no problem with us pushing 3 tables together. We ordered 3 different pizzas, a couple of other smaller entrees, and several beers. The server (who was the only one working the front) did a fantastic job taking care of our big party along with the other tables in the restaurant. The food was great and was seriously some of the best pizza my husband and I have ever had! If we ever go back to Lava Hot Springs we will definitely be eating here again!

• Visited May 2013
Ballston Spa, New York
“Good Place for Pizza and Beer!”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My son was staying in Lava for work and he took us here the first night of our visit. I think that we arrived about the time the kitchen was thinking about closing on a weeknight but they graciously served us anyway. I loved their version of thin pizza--some interesting varieties available. Good draft beer too.

Visited June 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not too bad!”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

You know when you go to a small town and you expect everything to be just okay? Well they were above just okay. I enjoyed our pizza, it was a good price for the size. I liked that you could do half and half options and weren't charged for it. You could get 2 specialty pizza's on one pizza if you wanted!

I really enjoyed their wings. They are extremely small, but how they cook them makes them crispy and delicious. Their garlic bread was just french bread with butter and seasonings....possibly frozen but eh, for the price, why complain. They were extremely busy so I could see why service was a bit slow, but nothing that needed to complain about. Beer was frosty and cold, pizza was hot, and I was stuffed. Way to go Royal.

• Visited November 2012