“Lots of History”

The South Bannock County Historical Center Museum
Reviewed 30 January 2013

This museum in Lava is free to walk through-I believe they accept donations.
I loved seeing part of the past history of the town of Lava.
They had all different type of items from War era uniforms and stories and Indian artifacts of the area. They had a display where you could touch animal fur and guess what type it was when you lifted it up the answer was there...I was amazed to see how think and warm some of the fur was!!!
Just a great museum and very interesting!!!

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"collection"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 22 December 2012

We were wandering around the "downtown" of Lava and happened upon this museum. It was so nice to be warmly welcomed as we entered. This museum is truly a labor of love with so much local history in it. Since I am from upstate New York so much was new to me even though I have done some travelling around the west.

I spent a lot of time looking through the exhibits. Whenever I had questions, they were cheerfully answered by the volunteers. Thanks to those who put their hearts into this museum.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

The best museum by far. Very educational and people are friendly. The museum director is awesome. We will go back. Very cool.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

When visiting the Museum it always makes me think of how times used to be and how grateful I am for how things have changed to make life easier.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We'd spent the morning soaking, had lunch at The Wagon Wheel and decided to wander around the town before continuing our drive. The museum has an unobtrusive street presence, we weren't even sure it was open, but the door swung wide and in we went. From our first glances to our longish questions and answer conversation with the volunteer docents at the end, everything about this museum was engaging, well presented and very interesting.
If you only have an hour you can easily stroll through and pause at the natural history displays or the Lava High School memorabilia. If you have a little bit longer, you might want to read, and examine extensively, the careful and thorough presentations of nearly everything weird and wonderful that ever happened in or around Lava. Admission is free, but donations are welcome.

1  Thank Jodyoh