“A Great Way to Celebrate Our Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Greystone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lava Hot Springs
Greystone Manor
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A Great Way to Celebrate Our Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

We just returned from celebrating our anniversary at the Greystone in the King room. My husband and I travel a lot and this was as good as any accomadations we have ever had.
The King Room was wonderful, huge and very comfortable. We loved the Queen & King chairs next to the fireplace, it was a great place to drink our coffee and wine. We had the 4 course dinner in the dinning room, it room reminded me of a bed and breakfast that I stayed in when I was in France. The food was fabulous. Vicky was very hospitable, I felt like I was staying with my sister, but she knew when to give us our privacy. What a great experience, I cannot wait to go back. Thanks, Vicky!

Room Tip: The King & Peacock Rooms are the largest and have a private tub, I prefer my privacy.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights in the King Room, including the massage and dinner package on our last day. We arrived in late March with a nip in the air and pockets of snow on the ground in a few shaded areas. The room was fantastic, decorated in a royal fashion with a cozy fireplace to warm us at night and a jacuzzi for aftenoon relaxation.

The breakfasts were beyond expectation, as Vicky is a gourment chef in the making, spoiling us with steel cut oatmeal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, german pancakes, and scrambled eggs with ham and cream cheese, as expertly prepared as the finest restaurant. The breakfasts were outdone by one of the finest 4-course meals we've ever experienced. Coconut shrimp, caesar salad, filet mignon.for the wife and Ahi tuna for me, with fresh asparagus and butter-nut squash ravioli, followed by creme brule desert-all expertly prepared, The Ahi tuna was the best I've ever had and the filet was equally as good.

Vicky and Craig are wonderful hosts and the town of Lava Hot Springs is a very nice, amicable setting in the foothills of the Western Rockies. The town has a wonderful, state run hot springs, open to the public.

In all our stay was an absolutely fantastic experience!

We plan on returning and highly recommend the Greystone Manor.

Greg and Liz L.

Room Tip: Any room at the Greystone will be a nice stay. The King room has its own jacuzzi.
1 Thank Elizabeth L
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I've stayed at many bed & breakfasts but this one is my favorite. It was very comfortable & beautiful which helped create a wonderful getaway. The dinner was incredible & it was one of the few times I've ever eaten every single bite. Simply a lovely place that I hope to stay at again!!!!

Clearfield, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Celebrated our Anniversary In The King Room. What an outstanding treat! Vicky and her staff could not have made us feel more comfortable and special! The room was fantastic! We booked the Couples Massage and Dinner also. WOW!!! Massage was marvelous! Corey and Beth were super! The meal was the most Delicious meal we have ever experienced. Vicky is a very gifted chef! Breakfast too was scrumptious! Would Highly recommend visiting Vicky and her staff, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: King Room and Peacock Room have their own bathrooms. Other rooms share a bathroom. All are beautiful...
Clinton, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was my second trip to Lava Hot Springs and to the GreyStone. I'm not sure which is going to be brining me back again, the springs or the Greystone Manor. My wife and I found this and we wont go to any other Inn around the area. The room my wife and I booked was clean, well kept, and cozy. For a last minute trip for us(this time) it was still suprisingly easy to get set up with prompt replys in in email to accomidations and also a dinner that was again exceptional. The staff go out ouf their way to take care of the guests and Vickie the hostess does a great job giving everyone her undivided attention while also being able to keep up with everyone around her. We will be staying here again on our next trip to the springs, and dinner wont be anywhere else. Was great all around, again.

Bountiful, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Wonderful B&B! I don't know if it could have possibly been any better. The hosts were friendly and accommodating. The room was romantic and well maintained. The highlight of the evening was the amazing dinner that we had. Seldom does my wife finish her entree but this time she ate every last bite. It was a wonderful experience and we will be back

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have their own bath but a few share a common bathroom. We had a common bathroom a...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

We spent a snowy weekend at the Lyons House, the Greystone Manor's across the street bungalow. It was so clean and thoughtfully furnished it really did feel like a home away from home.

Each morning we enjoyed walking across the way to the Manor for a delicious breakfast and one evening indulged in the four course meal. Each course was tasty and my main course was large enough I had some to take back to the bungalow for enjoying the next day.

We also booked a couples massage for after a soak in the hot pools. Bliss!!!

Our hostess Joann: wish she lived "just across the way" from us all the time! She is so friendly and thoughtful while keeping the hotel and the guests needs met.

The Lyons House bungalow has two upstairs bedrooms and it is necessary to go through the downstairs bedroom to use the one bathroom; not an issue for the two of us, but might be tricky if the downstairs bedroom guests are shy about having others need to go through their room. Minor issue IMHO.

If cooking thrills you, the LH kitchen will delight you. I wasn't inclined to cook during our short visit but if I had been it could have been like playing Top Chef!

The public hot pools were the stuff that daydreams are made of. We soaked in the pools while fluffy snowflakes fell on us, a delicious experience both visually and physically. The fine soft gravel on the bottom of the pools felt amazing on our feet and added to the outdoors in nature feeling. The time we spent soaking are still being replayed in my mind whenever I want to relax during a busy or stressful time.

We can not wait to go back in all four seasons and are giving a weekend to our son and his wife as an anniversary gift.
HIGHLY recommend this venue, especially for anyone who needs a place to relax, unwind and enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013
#1 of 1 in McCammon
Lava Hot Springs Suites
Lava Hot Springs Suites
#5 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Greystone Manor? Share your experiences!