“I hate to say it, but...”
Review of Greystone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lava Hot Springs
Greystone Manor
Pleasant Grove, Utah
“I hate to say it, but...”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Nice place. Clean and the food is good. However, no one was there to direct us to our room when we arrived. We finally found our name on a door. Because of this we had no clue what the schedule was for meals the next day, or how to access the internet. And as far as we know, we never met Vicky. I hate to say it, but the service was below average. We visit Lava 4-5 times per year, but this was our first time at the Greystone. After reading the reviews we were super excited about staying there. Maybe it was just a bad day for them, but I doubt we'll try it again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank BCD53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My fiancee and I stayed 3 nights at the Greystone Manor as he was participating in a sporting event in a neighboring town, and we both agree, it was one of the best travel accommodations we've ever had (and we travel a lot!)! The owner Vicky, made our experience wonderful and unique. The first night we stayed in the Teal Room and even with the bathroom across the hall, I think it was my favorite room due to how light and open it felt. The second and third nights we switched to the Peacock room, which was also really lovely.

We got the massage and dinner package. Vicky cooked us a 4 course dinner which was to die for. I cannot rave enough about the butternut squash ravioli in the sweet, brown sauce. I had the seared ahi and my fiancee had the stuffed porkchop. And speaking of food, for breakfast we were served juice, steal-cut oats, dutch pancakes and fresh fruit. Sooo good! I'm sure I gained weight in the three days I was there, but its ok, because I soaked it off in the hot springs, which are walking distance from the manor and surprisingly well-done (a lot nicer than we expected public hot springs to be.)

We are already thinking of excuses to go back to Idaho....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DuchessKara
Dana
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I'd like to thank the owner of Greystone Manor for her kind and generous offer. We had booked an RCI accommodation, only to arrive and be disgusted at the conditions. We were talking about it at a local diner, when we were approached by the owner of the Greystone. She had overheard our discussion. She offered us a room for the night "on her", because she wanted us to have a good night's rest after traveling for 12 hours. We were so surprised and thankful for her kind offer! She was even going to send her son over to retrieve our luggage!! We graciously declined, as we were leaving immediately the next morning. What a kind-hearted offer to make! We will never forget our conversation with you and the kindness that you showed us! You are one awesome lady! Leann and Kai H.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We just returned from celebrating our anniversary at the Greystone in the King room. My husband and I travel a lot and this was as good as any accomadations we have ever had.
The King Room was wonderful, huge and very comfortable. We loved the Queen & King chairs next to the fireplace, it was a great place to drink our coffee and wine. We had the 4 course dinner in the dinning room, it room reminded me of a bed and breakfast that I stayed in when I was in France. The food was fabulous. Vicky was very hospitable, I felt like I was staying with my sister, but she knew when to give us our privacy. What a great experience, I cannot wait to go back. Thanks, Vicky!

Room Tip: The King & Peacock Rooms are the largest and have a private tub, I prefer my privacy.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights in the King Room, including the massage and dinner package on our last day. We arrived in late March with a nip in the air and pockets of snow on the ground in a few shaded areas. The room was fantastic, decorated in a royal fashion with a cozy fireplace to warm us at night and a jacuzzi for aftenoon relaxation.

The breakfasts were beyond expectation, as Vicky is a gourment chef in the making, spoiling us with steel cut oatmeal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, german pancakes, and scrambled eggs with ham and cream cheese, as expertly prepared as the finest restaurant. The breakfasts were outdone by one of the finest 4-course meals we've ever experienced. Coconut shrimp, caesar salad, filet mignon.for the wife and Ahi tuna for me, with fresh asparagus and butter-nut squash ravioli, followed by creme brule desert-all expertly prepared, The Ahi tuna was the best I've ever had and the filet was equally as good.

Vicky and Craig are wonderful hosts and the town of Lava Hot Springs is a very nice, amicable setting in the foothills of the Western Rockies. The town has a wonderful, state run hot springs, open to the public.

In all our stay was an absolutely fantastic experience!

We plan on returning and highly recommend the Greystone Manor.

Greg and Liz L.

Room Tip: Any room at the Greystone will be a nice stay. The King room has its own jacuzzi.
1 Thank Elizabeth L
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I've stayed at many bed & breakfasts but this one is my favorite. It was very comfortable & beautiful which helped create a wonderful getaway. The dinner was incredible & it was one of the few times I've ever eaten every single bite. Simply a lovely place that I hope to stay at again!!!!

Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Celebrated our Anniversary In The King Room. What an outstanding treat! Vicky and her staff could not have made us feel more comfortable and special! The room was fantastic! We booked the Couples Massage and Dinner also. WOW!!! Massage was marvelous! Corey and Beth were super! The meal was the most Delicious meal we have ever experienced. Vicky is a very gifted chef! Breakfast too was scrumptious! Would Highly recommend visiting Vicky and her staff, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: King Room and Peacock Room have their own bathrooms. Other rooms share a bathroom. All are beautiful...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lava Hot Springs
#1 of 1 in McCammon
Lava Hot Springs Suites
Lava Hot Springs Suites
#5 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Greystone Manor? Share your experiences!