“Absolutely Amazing!!!”
Review of Greystone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lava Hot Springs
Greystone Manor
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our stay at the Greystone Manor couldn't have been more perfect. Such a darling set up. The rooms were adorable and the entire ambiance was welcoming and made us feel at home. The food was amazing and the service was great. We loved our couples massage and everything this little getaway had to offer. I would recommend Greystone Manor to anyone seeking a peaceful, romantic getaway!

Room Tip: Loved the "dungeon" style room. Not sure that was what it was called but it was just perfe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was invited to a small convention that Greystone catered for. What a great place! True small town hospitality and location. Really can't wait to go again only this time with family. The building is wonderfully restored and still retains the amazing character of the old Gothic church. The food was homemade and delicious, and the staff was courteous and extremely accomodating. I wasn't able to get one of the great theme rooms for this trip because they only have a few. I stayed in one of the motels downtown, which they arranged for. Next time I will call quicker and get one of the rooms there for sure. It was like taking a relaxing step back in time. Definitely on my list of destinations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank zogobia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was given the King Room and it was decorated in such a fun way, it felt a little like a cross between a throne room and a castle library.

The fairytale mural all over the bathroom was lovely.

The bed was excellent, the pillows didn't suit me as I prefer feather not foam.

There is a jacuzzi with no separate shower. The towels were okay and there was only a Dove soap for toiletries.

There is a work desk, free WIFI and iPod dock.

There is no microwave, fridge or coffee in the room. However, you can get beverages all day near the kitchen.

The breakfast was excellent.

Parking is free in the street alongside the building.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ThePackedBag
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We loved our stay at Greystone! Vicky was an amazing owner/chef...and just plain nice! The food she made was so good! We did the dine and unwind package so we also did the couples massage and loved it! The room we had was nice and the bed was extremely comfy! A wonderful way to spend our 5-year Anniversary...We will definitely be back for another stay in the future.

1  Thank Kimmiller919
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I wanted to have a small, quiet getaway for our third anniversary. We found the greystone manor online and had never stayed at a B&B...this was such a joy! When we first arrived there was nobody there but was an envelope with our name written on it. Inside was a letter letting us know they would be back shortly, where to find our room, welcoming us to explore all open areas of the building, and pointing us in the direction of coffee, tea and delicious wine! Our room was so adorable! We stayed on the kings room. It had a cozy fireplace, gigantic jetted soak tub, our own bathroom and the most comfotable king sized bed we've ever slept in! Everyone that worked here with so wonderful and friendly! The breakfast was to die for and the chef offered us her delicious recipe:) we also did the dine and unwind package...totally worth it! The four course dinner was spectacular! The massage was perfect after sipping on wine and soaking in the hot springs all day! The location is wonderful as well. We walked all over, checked out the local bars and diners just 2 blocks away. The hot springs were just a couple of blocks past that. Thank you to everyone there that made our stay warm, welcoming and simply relaxing beyond all means! If you are looking for a wonderful, comfortable way to spend a special occasion I highly recommend the greystone manor. We will most certainly be back!

1  Thank DesAguirre
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Where to begin. Well upon arriving we were greeted by some ghouls and goblins preparing to scare travellers with their Halloween cheer! For me this was a huge bonus since I adore all things scary and Halloween. Descending into the lower floor I noticed how every small detail was exactly how I imagined it. Maybe it was the fairy tale feeling of the old church with the sun dappled foyer or the plush carpets that muted my footsteps creating the peaceful tranquility I expected from the website. Whatever caused it I felt, well a bit magical there. I have been to Lava Hot Springs and never have I experienced this gem in the hills. Vicki greeted my father and I with an award winning smile and familiar energy that comes from being a mom and I think a caring individual. This is where she goes above and beyond, yes in the first 5 minutes of my stay Vicki gave my father an extra room adjacent to mine and shushed us about extra fees and such. Originally my father was not going to be staying with me so this situation was a bit awkward but she put my fears to rest with her actions. We proceeded to take a small tour and did some exploring of the rest of the property. I was staying in the King Suite and it was made for one at that! A beautiful king sized bed adorn with rich fabrics and plush pillows!! The bath was just as stunning with its Bath and Bodyworks soaps and shampoos along with the softest robe I have ever felt...ever! My fathers room was quaint and comfortable in its elegant charm as well. The sidebar was generously stocked with snacks and teas, wine and coffees. That's not the end! The food we received both mornings was to die for! This area is not an area know for its large range of eateries and looking back now I would have booked dinner both nights and will the next time I visit. Breakfast was a lovely affair though my fellow travellers were quite boring and often my father and I wished for more time without their somber company. Vicki's sunshine shone through though as she engaged us with lively tales and entrancing memories. The entire experience for us was topped off by some amazing massages done in house by her local masseuse Craig. The quality of massage was above that of most spas and Craig was a riot to listen to as well! Last but not least the plush sitting areas through out the estate were inviting and very enjoyable little retreats to catch up on emails or sit for a cup of tea. All of these things combined to create a truly unique scene that I am ever grateful to have experienced! I would encourage all to stay with Vicki and to please take advantage of all meals there, you won't regret it!!!

1  Thank Halotarnish
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a beautiful place. There are antiques and beautiful personal touches everywhere. Vicki is like the mother you wish you had. It is quiet and personal, with the ability to help yourself with wine and snacks. The room was gorgeous, with full size lotions and soaps, fluffy towels, amazing bedding. I have never been to a place like this and I did not want to leave. They had it decorated for Halloween and its amazing upstairs. It was our Anniversary and was just what we needed. Also, the breakfast was homemade full breakfast included in the room. The dinner was one of the best meals we have ever had.

Room Tip: The Peacock room has a large Jacuzzi and fireplace!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple