“Changed My Expectations of Lodging in Lava”
Review of Greystone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lava Hot Springs
Greystone Manor
Salt Lake City
“Changed My Expectations of Lodging in Lava”
Reviewed 16 October 2010

My husband and I have been to Lava once before. Previously, we stayed at a different place and found it to be dirty, smelly and expensive! But the pools were nice so it was worth it. On our second trip, I assumed the lodging would be more of the same.

I picked the Greystone in hopes it would be at least slightly better and was I surprised! The beautiful building is located just far enough off the main drag to avoid the zoo but still in walking distance to everything in town. The neighborhood is quiet and gorgeous - we spent one night looking at the stars in the courtyard.

The lodge itself was spotlessly clean, adorably dressed for Halloween and very upscale inside. The room was perfect, the bathrooms were huge and spotless. Everything smelled clean and wonderful. It was incredibly quiet even with additional guests - wine, snacks and tea were readily available. Beautiful music played, I enjoyed a fantastic massage by Corey in the massage room and when we did venture out, we walked or quickly drove the block or so to the hot pools and the shops in town. Breakfast was delightful. Vicky was incredibly accommodating and even passed us some free admittance coupons to the immaculate city hot pools.

The Greystone changed my entire view of the Lava Hot springs experience from kind of a dirty hippy adventure to a very upscale, relaxing, spa-like experience.

We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I've stayed in Lava Hot Springs before. Lava is not my first choice of destination, but when I go again, Greystone Manor is definitely where I want to stay again! It's clean, quiet, and you're well-taken care of. the food we were served was excellent and there was plenty of it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Whittier, California
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I loved our visit to Lava Hot Spings, but the Greystone Manor is what really made it memorable. From the time we arrived to the time we reluctantly left, we were pampered and made to feel like welcome guests. First we walked to the Hot Springs, then a fabulous couples massage with Corey, and finally a incredible four course meal that Vicky prepared especially for us. The breakfast the next morning was delicious too. Thanks so much, Vicky, I hope that we can return one day.

1 Thank ohapril
Ogden
Reviewed 14 September 2010

My recent stay at the Greystone Manor was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a hotel/B&B. Beautifully decorated, wonderfully comfortable & quiet room, relaxing walk to Lava's downtown area & hot springs, wonderful hosts who can answer all your questions about Lava. And the breakfast was better than most meals I've had at a lot of restaraunts! Fresh fruit & wonderful coffee! I was immediately making plans for my next visits-winter will be cozy with the in-room fireplace. I enthusiastically reccommend the Greystone to all!

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 13 September 2010

At first glance...you have to wonder how on earth did someone "convert" a modest church into a warm, friendly and most comfortable Bed and Breakfast. This place is loaded to the gills with charm and comfort. Our hosts, Vicky and Craig have put together a beautifully decorated and wonderfully cozy place that wisks away any tention or stress that you may have been carrying....a la the couples massage room or the private jet tubs. Awakened after a very satisfying night of sleep by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, we tried to sample everything on the absolutely scrumptious breakfast table. If the German style pancakes and a variety of fresh berries and granola weren't enough, Vicky even offered me a special order of scrambled eggs and toast. Such outstanding service and attention to detail is what will keep us coming back for more pleasureful getaways.....hopefully, sooner than later! Thank-you.

Draper
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My husband and I traveled to Lava for our anniversary. We were driving around investigating the town since it had been a long time since our last visit. We were intrigued by the beautiful architecture of the restored church, so we decided to stop in. We were greeted with a warm, friendly welcome. We were so impressed that we canceled our reservations at the other hotel and ended up staying at the Greystone. It was incredible! From the couples massage, to the taylored 4 course meal, to the cozy, well decorated room, we thought we were in heaven. It will be one of our vacation spots from here on out.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Spanish Fork, Utah
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We rented the Lyon House through RRvacations{ http://www.rrvacationrentals.com)

As soon as I walked in the door, I knew that I had made a great choice!!!!

It was homey in decor. Made you feel right at home.
"
Walked into the kitchen and it just "WOW"ed me. The big commercial stove, the granite counter tops. All stainless steel appliances. The cupboards were well stocked with anything that you need to cook and dine with. Everything was in working order.

Everything was clean and inviting.

This rental had carpet which was great because we had several babies in the group.

The rental next door which we had also rented didn't have it.

When they came over and saw our rental, they were jealous of how nice ours was.

Vicki was outstanding to work with. We were in charge of the family reunion and needed to check in early. She was accommodating to us.

Not only that, we were there for the 4th of July weekend, which is one of Lava's busiest times. We wanted a place to have our potluck dinner which was hard to come by because of all the other family reunions going on that weekend.. She came up with the greatest idea and we really appreciate her assistance in pulling that off.

We just really enjoyed ourselves. I would highly recommend this rental to anyone who wants a great place for a great price.

Thanks again Vicki for making our stay so pleasant.

Reta

#1 of 1 in McCammon
Lava Spa Motel & RV Park
Lava Spa Motel & RV Park
#5 of 6 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Greystone Manor? Share your experiences!