“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of Greystone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lava Hot Springs
Greystone Manor
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Vicky and Craig do a great job with this bed & breakfast, they make their guests feel right at home. The place is clean and I would recommend it to anyone who just wants to get away. The breakfast was the best I have ever had!!! Thanks Vicky, it will be a wonderful memory for us.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 October 2010

My husband and I have been to Lava once before. Previously, we stayed at a different place and found it to be dirty, smelly and expensive! But the pools were nice so it was worth it. On our second trip, I assumed the lodging would be more of the same.

I picked the Greystone in hopes it would be at least slightly better and was I surprised! The beautiful building is located just far enough off the main drag to avoid the zoo but still in walking distance to everything in town. The neighborhood is quiet and gorgeous - we spent one night looking at the stars in the courtyard.

The lodge itself was spotlessly clean, adorably dressed for Halloween and very upscale inside. The room was perfect, the bathrooms were huge and spotless. Everything smelled clean and wonderful. It was incredibly quiet even with additional guests - wine, snacks and tea were readily available. Beautiful music played, I enjoyed a fantastic massage by Corey in the massage room and when we did venture out, we walked or quickly drove the block or so to the hot pools and the shops in town. Breakfast was delightful. Vicky was incredibly accommodating and even passed us some free admittance coupons to the immaculate city hot pools.

The Greystone changed my entire view of the Lava Hot springs experience from kind of a dirty hippy adventure to a very upscale, relaxing, spa-like experience.

We will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I've stayed in Lava Hot Springs before. Lava is not my first choice of destination, but when I go again, Greystone Manor is definitely where I want to stay again! It's clean, quiet, and you're well-taken care of. the food we were served was excellent and there was plenty of it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I loved our visit to Lava Hot Spings, but the Greystone Manor is what really made it memorable. From the time we arrived to the time we reluctantly left, we were pampered and made to feel like welcome guests. First we walked to the Hot Springs, then a fabulous couples massage with Corey, and finally a incredible four course meal that Vicky prepared especially for us. The breakfast the next morning was delicious too. Thanks so much, Vicky, I hope that we can return one day.

1  Thank ohapril
Reviewed 14 September 2010

My recent stay at the Greystone Manor was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a hotel/B&B. Beautifully decorated, wonderfully comfortable & quiet room, relaxing walk to Lava's downtown area & hot springs, wonderful hosts who can answer all your questions about Lava. And the breakfast was better than most meals I've had at a lot of restaraunts! Fresh fruit & wonderful coffee! I was immediately making plans for my next visits-winter will be cozy with the in-room fireplace. I enthusiastically reccommend the Greystone to all!

Reviewed 13 September 2010

At first glance...you have to wonder how on earth did someone "convert" a modest church into a warm, friendly and most comfortable Bed and Breakfast. This place is loaded to the gills with charm and comfort. Our hosts, Vicky and Craig have put together a beautifully decorated and wonderfully cozy place that wisks away any tention or stress that you may have been carrying....a la the couples massage room or the private jet tubs. Awakened after a very satisfying night of sleep by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, we tried to sample everything on the absolutely scrumptious breakfast table. If the German style pancakes and a variety of fresh berries and granola weren't enough, Vicky even offered me a special order of scrambled eggs and toast. Such outstanding service and attention to detail is what will keep us coming back for more pleasureful getaways.....hopefully, sooner than later! Thank-you.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

My husband and I traveled to Lava for our anniversary. We were driving around investigating the town since it had been a long time since our last visit. We were intrigued by the beautiful architecture of the restored church, so we decided to stop in. We were greeted with a warm, friendly welcome. We were so impressed that we canceled our reservations at the other hotel and ended up staying at the Greystone. It was incredible! From the couples massage, to the taylored 4 course meal, to the cozy, well decorated room, we thought we were in heaven. It will be one of our vacation spots from here on out.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple