“Over priced”

Lava Hot Springs Inn
Victor, Idaho, United States
“Over priced”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The things I liked about this hotel were the hot spring pools on the property. I liked being able to step out of the hot spring and go to my room. My husband and I had massages on site by therapist that were called in from somewhere else... we enjoyed our massages. I can appriciate the eclecticness of the place but the owners really could keep that feel while investing in improving the hotel.
The price of the room at $150 is extreme considering the condition and quality of the hotel. I would at least think at that price that the hot pools would be only for guest but they are open to the public for a $10 charge...and the night time visitors are questionable. I would not stay here again...I would consider stating here for a $50 room rate at the very most.

Room Tip: IF you stay here and you want to have your own toliet and bath you should stay in the spa area of ho...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Melanie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Portland
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We liked the quaint friendly atmosphere of this old hotel. We served ourselves appetizers and drinks in the second floor "conservatory" and were quickly joined by other friendly guests. We used four of the hot six pools on site and they were being used but were not crowded. This is in contrast to the public pool that we walked by on the way to the Thai restaurant, which looked packed, shoulder to shoulder. Yuck. It was however a Saturday night.

OK, the Inn is not a Marriott, but I get enough of those cookie cutters hotels that once you're inside, you could be anywhere. Sharing a bathroom was no problem, two bathrooms with showers for three rooms. And the hotel was full. You can certainly hear the trains, but there is no way they will keep you awake if you have done enough hot soaks.

Will go back for sure! Maybe next time we'll try during the middle of the week.

Room Tip: Liked room #13
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aspenleaves
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I wanted to thank bob and his wife. This was a perfect get away for the wife and I on our way to the Simplot games. Thanks for the nice time, we will be back next year.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank CaptMark44
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Gotta go to Lava Hot Spings. You will love it. Cute little town. Nice people. The hot springs are wonderful!!! You will feel like a million dollars and wish you had your very own at home. Family friendly but, if you're looking for a romantic getaway there are some very nice private rooms.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank justhappy49
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I'm shocked to read these reviews that make this hotel sound like anything more than the dump it is. It is overpriced for what you get. I agree the hot spring pools were nice, but these aren't private so just pay the fee to use them and sleep somewhere else. It was still warm in September when we stayed there so it was nice to have the a/c unit. Unfortunately, it didn't work so we opened the window. The train at 1 am was a nice surprise that sounded like it was in the room and jolted us awake. The toliet in the room was comical. It was shoved into a small space that I can only assume use to be a tiny closet. Literally it was just the toliet and paper. No room to even take a step. Thankfully the bed was as comfortable as a board. Did I forget to mention how disgusting the bedding was? You won't have to worry about that though because you won't sleep at all. The door to the building is not locked so anyone in the world can just walk in and go upstairs to the rooms. Every time we heard a noise in the hallway I thought they were going to try and break in. This "funky" little town is just that. It was strange and so is this hotel.

Please take note of the management responses to these reviews. They aren't apologies or corrections. It's all responses to defend the town. Who cares? For the price of one night at this place management should be concerned with keeping their guests happy. Please don't bother responding to this review, I won't be back. Ever.

But I can truthfully say that because I wasn't murdered in this hotel, it's not the worst place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Rudytennis
LHSI, Manager at Lava Hot Springs Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2011
Although asked by this guest not to respond, I would like to respond anyway. Lava Hot Springs is an old-fashioned town with a lot to offer. Yes we have trains that go by the town, which Lava Hot Springs itself can not control. Our hotels are meant to create the old town atmosphere, with beautiful hot springs for our guests to enjoy. We are very different from the big cities. A lot of guests return year after year because the quaintness. We are sorry for your dissatisfaction. We wish you would of let us know during your stay so we could assist you than instead of reading it on tripadvisor. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Lava Hot Springs hotels

Longview, Washington
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We ended up staying three days. Many pools to choise from. The staff was great. good breakfast every day. soaking pools open untill 11:00 pm which is great after the sun went down. Lots to do in the area. We will be going back again and again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HDandHotSprings
Montesano, Washington
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Designed to get you outdoors and relaxing. Rooms had a bed and dresser. Remodeled dorm bathrooms. Shared lobby for games and tv. Loved that there was ni tv in the room.
The walls were perhaps a little thin.
Great breakfast.
Loved the variety of temperatures hot spring pools. Easy access to all the shops. River for floating
Look forward to going back again.

• Stayed July 2011