“Wonderful experience!!”

Lava Hot Springs Inn
Idaho Falls, ID
Reviewed 17 October 2005

I LOVE THESE POOLS!!! I have never been anywhere that had such beautiful clear water, since the water is running in and draining out constantly there is no harsh chemical smell. There is a little discoloration on the cement walls from the minerals but the water is crystal clear and there are several pools of varing temperatures to choose from. The Inn has lots of history and yes it isn't a Hilton but it is easily the nicest in the area and they serve an "all you can eat" breakfast bar in the morning. I have stayed there numerous times over the past few years and will be staying again in two weeks. I would not hesitate to recommend the Inn to friends and family and have done so many times in the past.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Lindon, UT
Reviewed 9 March 2005

We were totally mislead. We were to be near the hot springs...NOT.... we were about 2 blocks away. The room was in what appeared to be an OLD converted store. The building was about 100 years old and nothing, not even the bed spreads had been changed in the last 30 years. Oh yes, did I mention the bathroom was accross the hall? Neither did they when we made reservation. Do not pay before you look!!!

• Stayed: February 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 2 August 2004

Although not quite what we expected, we had a great time at the Lava Hot Springs Inn. The owner and her new puppy were delightful. The many pools let us hide away or join the other guests. Our room, complete with indoor plumbing, was very clean and quaint.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2004

these pools are easily the best on town, the building is old and has history, i love history. it is a nice place to go if you arent afraid to mix with others. i didnt mind sharing the bathrooms. there were enough to accomidate. a bit pricey. will return again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 April 2004

Eight years ago our group of friends decided to celebrate a birthday at Lava Hot Springs. We chose the Lava Hot Springs Inn without seeing photos or getting the opinions of others. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the homey atmosphere of the Inn and the grounds. They had a scrapbook of progress that had recently taken place, when the husband-and-wife-owners bought, and renovated the place. The transformation was remarkable. I love the hominess of the Lava Hot Springs Inn and don't have any desire to stay anyplace else in town. It's a great place to come and relax. But if TV is what you want, I guess you could go somewhere up the street. When I go there, I know I'll be able to regroup and get in touch with myself. I guess it's all in your perspective.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Magna, Utah
Reviewed 20 April 2004

My Girl Friends and I go up there every year for the last seven years. WE ONLY STAY AT THE LAVA HOT SPRINGS INN. The people are friendly! The Pools are clean! It is a homey, comfy place to stay. Their Massage Therapists are wonderful and accomodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable and within a walking distance of every place you may want to go in Lava Hot Springs. The back pool by the river is wonderful with the lights at night it looks like a fairy land and is oh so peacefull. If you like High Tech, plastic and metal with hermetically sealed drink cups, the Inn may not be for you, as they have their dog and cat that have pretty much free reign in the hotel and the hotel staff are polite wonderful people who treat you like family and the Inn is an antique building with tons of atmosphere. I couldn't recommend the Inn more.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
salt lake city, utah
Reviewed 8 February 2004

My wife and I stayed at the lava hot springs inn as well..we were some of the unfortunate ones,that had to share a bathroom,Our room was tiny,it only had a bed...not dressers,no closet space,no T.V.,radio,clock nothing !!!!there was only 1 television in the entire hotel.We had to beg other couples to watch th program we wanted to watch.. the dingy basement buffet also had cats and dogs roaming free and jumping up on the tables.. We loved Lava and will return..but we definatly do our homework before we book a place to stay

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member