“How to waste $199.00”

Lava Hot Springs Inn
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Ritz-Carlton, Hilton--not even close. Marriott, Holiday Inn?..nope. Motel 6?...getting warm but not that good. I wish Red Roof Inn HAD left the light on for me.

To start, my family stayed at the blue cottage. There were bedbugs in the beds and some manner of larger bugs on the sofa. Had it not been so late and so remote we definitely would have pulled up stakes and found another place for the night.

Breakfast was made to order, but was not up to par with IHOP by any stretch. The guy running the show was nice enough and the weather/location was great, but $199.00 for one night for that!!!! No way would I take my family there again. Has to be something better within driving distance.

Place has a kitchen, but not one pan, pot, fork knife or spoon. What's the point? We brought some food to cook (based on the claim of a

1  Thank Jtkzoomie
There are newer reviews for Lava Hot Springs Inn

Reviewed 15 December 2009

My family had a horriible experience at the inn, my grandchildern woke up in the middle of the night with blood sucking bed bugs on them, we put the in a container to show managment the next. We took them to managment but they didnt care they new that they had bed bugs in there befor. I dont recomend these facilities to any one.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank graciebug
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Why did we not look at the reviews before we stayed at Lava Hot Springs Inn? My husband and I can testify to all the bad comments personally, plus more. When we checked in, there was no heat on in our side of the building, so we were given a space heater and told to only turn it on to the first setting or it would melt. We did exactly as we were told and after about one hour the room started to warm up and then the power went off. We went down to the front desk and told them. After one and a half hours of flipping circuit breakers, the power was not restored. Over the phone the owner insisted that my husband go to the basement and try more circuit panels down there. When my husband said he wasn't comfortable doing that, the owner insulted him. The owner refused to change our room and blamed the problem on us. We asked for a refund from the clerk and left. We called the next day about the refund, the owner refused saying that the problem was our fault and he was still trying to fix the problem and had to call in help and it was costly him a lot of money.
On top of all this, the room key is a old 1920 skeleton key that takes 4-5 minutes to wiggling around in the lock to get it open. After going into the room and relocking it, we had a hard time getting back out. Can you say "Burned alive in an electrial short fire?"
We are contacting the Idaho State Fire Marshall. We are thankful to be alive.
We went to Logan, UT and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which was very clean and cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HollyOregon
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We drove 2 hours to get to Lava Hot Springs Inn. Once we got there it looked run down and not pleasant. When we checked in at the main office it smelt disgusting. Right away I knew something was wrong. We got to our room and it was way small. Once we started to get settled in we noticed the bed had stains all over it and I did not dare to touch anything at that point!! We paid $180.00 for this room and it was terrible!! I do not recommend this to anyone. If you plan on staying anywhere I would recommend The Anniversary Inn in Logan. The rooms are themed and for just a little more you get way more! We ended up leaving and going there even after everything and it was PERFECT! Lava Hot Springs in website makes there website look like it is so nice but it is honestly disgusting. DO NOT GO THERE! Hope this helps.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mldaley
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Run away, really. Made a poor choice staying at this dump. Got into town aroung 3pm on a Sunday, felt a little rushed to find a place to stay as we wanted to run the river before it got late. checked 2 other places, this one was more expensive but had their own hot spring pools and breakfast was included. Checked in and were told if you wanted a private bath they would put us up in the rooms a 1/2 block away. Walked to the room accross the street, through the grocery store parking lot and up the road. Opened the door and wow, what a joke, unfortunatley, the joke was on us. 2 beds, 1 chair, tv, no table, 4 hooks for clothes maybe. no closet....and the bathroom is private but accross the hall, past another room. Chipped paint everywhere(probably lead base), musty, smelly, old everything, oh, and carpet around the toilets, how do you clean that after every stay? Went back to the front desk to try to get a refund waited around and looked for someone for 20 minutes, no one to be found. Decided to make the most of the rest of the day tubing the river. stopped at the desk after tubing, no one at the front desk or around that we could see. figured we were stuck there. made use of the hot pools, which were not too bad. after a terrible nights sleep(worst mattresses ever), we hoped to have a good breakfast. 9am, waffles, fruit, toast, cereal, potato cakes. no meat, all food in a warmer that really didn't warm, all served in a dungeon of sorts. wanted to soak in the pools past 11am, but a late checkout costs $20 (on a Monday, ha). So, to sum it all up, if this is the only place with a vacancy in Lava, Drive 30 miles to pocatello and get a motel 6.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank casualtravelerutah
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I just returned from an overnight visit to Lava Hot Springs. We stayed at the Lava Hot Springs Inn and were VERY disappointed. I have stayed there in the past and it was nothing special, but okay. This time, after charging me $90 for a tiny, single-bed room with no bathroom, closet, shower or sink, we were also asked to pay to use the hot tubs, which ended up being another $40 for myself and a couple friends to soak for about half an hour. All this is bad enough, but to top it off, we were woken up at 3.30 in the morning by a very patient police officer who had driven down from pocatello, about half an hour away. Instead of politely (or otherwise) asking us to quiet down, the night clerk decided he would just go ahead and call the police. Thus, I ended up in the street at four in the morning with nowhere to stay and a $90 charge on my credit card. Not cool.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank galent
Reviewed 31 December 2008

My brother and his new bride planned to stay in Lava for a couple of nights but he had no internet at his new home so he had me book the hotel for him. I checked the hotel websites and I had stayed here years ago and remembered it being fine. The photos of the rooms online looked nice. I wish I had checked for hotel reviews before I booked!

My brother arrived to find fleas or bedbugs in the beds and the bathroom was a toilet under the stairs with a curtain around it, not even a door.

They complained about the room but were refused any sort of a refund. They of course changed hotels.

Stay anywhere else in Lava!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank blooblah