“karen604”
Review of Aura Soma Lava

Aura Soma Lava
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The pool was being painted and was closed and we were dissapointed, but they went above and beyond to make a stay a nice one. They put us in #9 for the same price as the one we had so we could have a hot tub.The #9 is great place to stay it has full kitchen,bedroom,living room and a private patio with bar-b-que and hot tub.We had a great time that night the locals are great. We will be back! Thank you Aura Soma!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen B

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We stayed 2 days at the courtyard 10. It was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. Slept well both nights. Our unit had a kitchenette. They really need to put some dish soap and a new sponge. The sponge was so gross. They also need to update a couple of the furnishings like the cups. They could use new carpet. Didn't dare walk around barefoot.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Evelee H, General Manager at Aura Soma Lava, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback! We will get new sponges and dish soap in to our units asap! Thanks again, Scott Pearhill, General Manager Aura Soma Lava

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Our recent trip to LHS was an overall positive experience at Aura Soma. We stayed Thursday night (oh so quiet) and Friday (lots of partying/had to tell people they had the wrong room at 3am). The coffee in the morning was free and delicious. The front desk staff was gracious and helpful in navigating our way about town for parks, hikes, best breakfasts, etc. It was great to have an in room fridge to keep drinks and treats available and wonderful to have our dog with us on the trip (for a small deposit per day). Friday afternoon, we had the Aura Soma pool to ourselves and had a blast with the kids looking at the fall leaves and zooming around the pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Lava Hot Springs is a quirky, funky town with character but don't expect much for your money there. The local economy is based solely upon tourism and the hotels have much to be desired. I stayed in room #11 which is behind the main motel/hotel building, facing the RV park. The setting was better than being right on Main Street and the adjacent grassy area by the river where the labyrinth and pool is peaceful. The room was adequate, the queen bed was comfortable but they have remodeled so there is a jetted tub (no shower) and sink right as you walk in the door (awkward). The toilet is in what used to be the closet. no joke. You hang your clothes on hooks. The first night was great because there was no one in town and it was quiet except for the trains and traffic noise which I anticipated and brought the earplugs. The second night, Saturday, was different. I could hear the neighbors arguing next door then heard their TV at 0-dark-thirty the next morning. The room does have a microwave and refrig but no coffee. So Sunday morning I went to the "lobby" where I saw a coffee maker on check-in only to be told it is $1.00 for coffee. Come on, are you kidding me, for $70+ a night at least you could give me a cup of coffee! Oh and the lava java place wasn't open yet.

The best part of all was the Aura Soma pool. On Friday night, I had it all to myself underneath the stars and full moon and 150 evergreen trees.

You gotta luv Lava Hot Springs for the schlock. Enjoy!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My family has stayed at this hotel many times. Their pool is great and the staff is always friendly. We travel to the area to see family and friends on a regular basis and try to always stay at this hotel, as we find it the most comfortable and inviting place in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I was so excited to finally take my husband and my little boys to visit a place I loved as a child. We rented the Cape Cod Cottage. Run by Aura Soma Lava! The Little Yellow Cottage with a "cute" front!! Scary -dirty -stinking inside. For the price we paid it was nothing like its pictures! VERY MISLEADING!!! To someone traveling from out of state!! I couldn't believe it! Smelled of stale cigarette smoke and the hardwood floors were so bad that my barefoot boys ages 3 and 6 both had to have splinters removed from their little feet!!! I was terrified to let my kids sit on the furniture. Unacceptable!!! We paid a fortune for a dump!! We are so glad it was only for one night. We won't be back!! We even informed the front desk at check out of these little details and they acted like it was no big deal!! Bad idea! I will tell everyone I know who's planning to visit to stay away!!!

Room Tip: I can't offer a tip to a traveler for this company that would be good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank familiatravelers
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were in Room # 7 in early July 2012. It was awful. Incredibly outdated everything, antiquated heat and A/C systems, door hardly would close properly, funky smell...the whole nine yards. It's the kind of place where you DEFINITELY want to keep your flip flops on when you're in the shower. I wouldn't use the provided towels to dry my dog. It was pretty darn funky all around. We went down to their privately owned hot springs pool and there were no lights on at all. It's an accident waiting to happen! There were several people in the pool, so we decided to try it, but it was eerie in the complete dark and not knowing exactly what you were wading in. Very freaky. Don't stay here. I know there aren't many good places to stay in Lava Hot Springs, ID, and pickings are slim...but don't stay here. There are other places that are better than this significantly overpriced option. The only way I would stay here again was if the room cost about $49/night. That's all it's worth. Not the doubled price we paid for Room 7.

Room Tip: I can't suggest any tips. If you want a crappy room for a high price, stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
#5 of 6 in Lava Hot Springs
Lions Gate Manor
Lions Gate Manor
#2 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Aura Soma Lava? Share your experiences!