This was our first time in Lava and we had an absolute BLAST!!! We stayed in cabin #4. I have to say it was extremely small for 4 people. There were no tables, and it was tough to get ready in the morning and move around. But honestly, we weren't in our room long enough to care that much. We were too busy having fun out on the town! I LOVED the porch and sitting out on their little table's eating my breakfast and lunch and enjoying the view. They are also re-doing the deck right now and it looks awesome!
The things I would change are:
I would prefer for the bedding to be cleaner. Both beds had yellow stains on them, which is obviously unsettling.
The tub was dirty and had green stains in it.
They allow parking directly in the back of the hotel, so we literally had someone's car on our porch and had a hard time getting through the back door to get back to our room from going to the spring.
The space was just too small for 4 people. It slept for comfortably, but it didn't house 4 comfortably at all.
And to be painfully honest, Febreeze or some sort of air freshener would go a LONG way.
I would stay here again, but I would like to try out some of the other rooms to see how much more space we could have. But they were SO nice to us and made our trip a great one. See you again soon, Lava!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your comfort, our desire. Newly appointed rooms. Hot Spring Mineral Pool on Riverfront. Spa rooms. Five vacation rental homes, two with private hot spring soaking tubs. Central city location, private south facing deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Aura Soma Lava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aura Soma Lava Hotel Lava Hot Springs
- Aura Soma Lava Hot Springs