“Live, Laugh, Love... LAVA!”
Review of Aura Soma Lava

Aura Soma Lava
Teton
“Live, Laugh, Love... LAVA!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Aura Soma Lava is our favorite place to retreat! This inviting property always offers us a clean and cozy place to regenerate. At times I visit Aura Soma Lava alone, sometimes with my family or friends, and other times only with my husband. Regardless of whether we are looking for rest, play or solitude, it provides exactly what we need. The on-site pool is tucked by the river surrounded by gracious trees and it is the perfect place to rest my body, mind, and spirit. The labyrinth is an added bonus, it is an activity I look forward to each time I go and when we bring the kids, it is one of their favorite activities as well. This haven is enchanting and endearing... I highly recommend Aura Soma Lava to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Layton, Utah, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

One of the main reasons we booked this cottage was to have the private hot tub. Needless to say, the hot tub water was way too hot to get in all the way. Unless you like 100+ degree water, this private hot tub is not for you. Also, it was very nice to have a king sized bed. The downside to the bed was that it sunk in in the middle. We liked to call it the "sink hole," since we would be sucked into the middle and couldn't sleep on one side or the other. Other than those two things, the cottage was nice. It was stocked with toilet paper, towels, and kitchen necessities. Would I stay here again? That is still up for debate.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
McCall, Idaho
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I found this motel through the Lava Hot Springs site. They had great pictures and a professional website but the motel did not live up to the advertisments. The bathroom floor was so rotted that I was afraid the toilet was going to fall through. The (very small) room was clean and freshly painted but the layout was pretty funky. You enter the room from through the bathroom from the parking area...not real convenient if there is more than one person in the room! There are better lodging choices in Lava.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Evelee H, Guest Relations Manager at Aura Soma Lava, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for the feedback, the ASL team appreciates it.
We apologize that your experience was less than perfect.
We have recently remodeled our rooms, including new flooring. The bathrooms now have tile and new tubs and showers.
We have also completely replaced the back doors and their locks with customer’s safety and privacy in mind.
Thanks again, we hope you will give ASL a second chance in the future.
Tim F - Guest Relations
West Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I love Lava Hot Springs. The town is small and quiet. I stayed at the Meadows House at AuraSomaLava. My friends and I loved how close it was to the hot spring and we really enjoyed the hot tub that was on our deck. We had a great time and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Utah
Reviewed 29 January 2013

First I guess I need to disclaim that my mother and I stayed on a Sunday night in the end of January, which is guess is an off time for the town. I did a lot of research online and decided on Aura Soma motel because we could have massages and soak in the private pool all in one location. However, all 3 of these locations are not in the same location. They are all within walking distance, but not desirable. We planned on wearing robes to the massage and then getting right in for a soak. The massage studio is located 10 minutes from the motel walking down main street and the hot pool is located 5 minute walk the other way from the motel. Our massages only lasted 50 minutes, not the 60 minutes as advertised.
I did not find one friendly employee in the whole town. The gal who checked us in could have cared less that we were there. The massage gal at the desk was rude.
We stayed in the "Nature" Room 3, which had 2 fake orchids and 4 paintings of the outdoors. The motel is OLD and has not been updated, except for flat screen tvs. The bathrooms were mildew-y and towels were just old. The beds and pillows were comfortable though.
Our biggest complaint was that the walls of the motel are SUPER THIN. In the morning we heard the man in Room 4 puking his guts out and the girl he was with getting grossed out. There were also childeren in either Room 4 or 5 that we heard til late in the evening. We were also awakened at 4:15am to the sounds of the backhoe and tractor plowing the streets. Not enjoyable- and we are curious as to why they couldnt have started a little later.
The private hot pool was very nice and we enjoyed spending 2 hours there after our massages.
I wont be back to stay at the Aura Soma "Lodge" Motel. Not for how much they charge. I will try somewhere else, however it seems as if most motels in Lava are pretty comparable in price and quality unfortuately.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PghPens
VT
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I booked this lodging and particular room based on the ratings I found online.
Someone forgot to mention the smell. Room was nicely furnished. However if someone puts their fists through two of the doors in the unit, replace them. The patch job was pathetic . The private spa on the patio had a film on the water.
We decided to walk to market to buy an air freshener or two, as we could live with the smell.
When we returned to our room, I discovered ants crawling on the kitchen floor. I didn't sign up for bugs.
The staff offered to send someone over to kill the ants. That would have meant inhaling more chemicals and wondering all night, " Are they gone?".
Our monies were refunded. They ever went so far as to suggest other places to stay.For their help and understanding we were appreciative.

Room Tip: We had reserved courtyard 9. I do have a sensitive nose.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We made a weekend trip to Lava and stayed in The Asian Room #11. Though it was -7 outside, inside was warm and cozy and just the perfect quaint getaway we were looking for. It was very nice to have a private secluded pool. After 3 days, we went home feeling very relaxed and can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: With all the different room choices, it should be easy to find what you're looking for. Our room...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple