Aura Soma Lava
Home Hotel Lava Hot Springs(Lava Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$110
Hotwire.com
US$122
TripAdvisor
Cobblestone Inn & Suites - Soda Springs(Soda Springs)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$64
US$96
US$146
US$131
Alpaca Inn(Lava Hot Springs)
Lava Spa Motel & RV Park(Lava Hot Springs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate hot poolthe rivercourtyard roomfull kitchenget awayin towngirls weekendhoneymoon suitewithin walking distanceblue moonwe loved our staysmall towncottagelavadeckofficespring
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Lava for a few days midweek. I used to work in the town and lived here for 3 or 4 years. Even though I actually used to work for a competitor, Aura Soma Lava had the best midweek room deal. We stayed in one of the courtyard rooms. It had a full kitchen, that was stocked with cooking supplies much better than some other places I have stayed on various trips.

We had our own private hot springs pool on a private completely enclosed deck. It was great. There was a gas grill, which was just perfect for a few steaks.

All in all it was a great experience, extremely quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Courtyard #9 was where we stayed it was fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Evelee H, Guest Relations Manager at Aura Soma Lava, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thanks for review!
We are very happy that you had a great stay with us! Room 9 is one of our favorite units, and a bargain for a midweek room, and that private hot tub is hard to beat. We hope to see you again very soon!
Thanks again,
Tim F - Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 August 2013

#3 was nicely remodeled and clean. There was a short walk to a nice hot springs pool. Friendly, helpful employees. Good price, and gave a AAA discount. Right next to river where you can do some tubing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This quaint, comfortable Cape Cod House was perfect for our needs! We could house our family under one roof which was a special treat. It is dated, but cool! Grill in the backyard was greatly appreciated. The iron and ironing board were a bonus. A hair dryer would be a welcome addition. Ice cube trays with ice would have been super. All in all a super stay! We will recommend to anyone traveling to this out of the way spot!

Room Tip: Cape Cod house has three bedrooms, two with double and one with twin, one bathroom, living room, dining room and kitchen.
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I had stayed in the Conference Center a few months earlier and loved it, so I thought I'd try a regular room. I liked that I could choose the room on their website, but it was a little disappointing. The parking was in the back, so you entered the room through the bathroom. The parking was also really cramped. My husband had to use a pair of my earrings to tighten the door knob because it was really loose. The beds were comfy and the furniture was cute, but the room I signed up for was labeled 2 private rooms. It was really a wall halfway between the beds which was inconvenient for the 2nd room if they wanted to watch any TV. I also loved the front porch, but it always seemed like there were people out there smoking, which I didn't want to deal with. The stay was ok, but would have been better if I didn't pay $98 for the night I stayed there. I stayed another night in another motel, which was just as nice for half the cost.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Evelee H, Guest Relations Manager at Aura Soma Lava, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thanks for your response, we highly value your feedback.
We are glad you were able to sleep well, and that the rooms were clean. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the location of the entrance and exit of the room and the building, but we have fixed the door knob for future customers. Thank you for bringing that to our attention, we really value constructive criticism for the hotel.
We hope to see you back in the future and we will work harder to address your concerns. If you can think of anything else, please feel free to email or message us so we can continue to improve our guests' stays.
Thanks again,
Tim F - Guest Relations

Reviewed 18 July 2013

As the previous writer explained this is the worse house I have ever rented. We stayed after them around July 8th and they had made some repairs but the kitchen had missing handles, two lights did not even work, the kitchen was poorly stocked without a sharp knife or a cutting board. They claimed it had wifi when we rented on the web site but when we got there it did not. They tried to tell us we just read it wrong but we are computer programmers and do not go any where without wifi because we have to work. They were rude when we complained. The house squeaks with every step, is dirty, run down, and not worth the money.

I already told several friends who were stopping on their way to steer clear of this house and the rental company.

When they did send someone to help us with the issues they did not even have any tools to fix anything!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We were happy that you enjoyed the location of your stay. Our team is disappointed that you felt our service was not up to par. We will be modifying our standards in an effort to improve future guest experiences. We have replaced lighting fixtures, and changed our website descriptions to fit a more accurate representation of the Cape Cod House. We would welcome any other feedback or criticism you may have, feel free to message or email us.
We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to Aura Soma in the future.
Thanks again for your feedback,
Tim F. - Guest Relations