“Filthy restaurant, rude service, horrible food”

Riverwalk Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We visit Lava Hot Springs often and have heard many good things about the Riverwalk Thai Restaurant. So, we visited last Friday night when we were in town.

We were not greeted when we entered. There were five tables which did not have patrons but were stacked with dirty dishes. The only available table was in front of the door, so we sat down.

We sat there more than fifteen minutes before two filthy menus were flung on our table without so much as an acknowledgement.

We had been told we could bring our own bottle to wine to enjoy with the meal. A staff person threw two plastic cups and the corkscrew also on our table without acknowledging us, greeting us, or offering to open our wine. Wine in plastic cups is not my vision of a nice dinner on a Friday night.

I ordered the Chicken Cashew. I should have stopped by Costco on the way and purchased a bag of stir fry veggies for the kitchen to use. The only two veggies they used were carrots and celery. No peas, no mushrooms -- nothing. No flavor, bland, and disgusting. There were a total of three teeny tiny pieces of chicken in the entire entree.

My husband ordered the broccoli beef. It was even worse than my dish. The few pieces of beef were fat and grizzle. The sauce was watery and flavorless.

The only rice available is white rice. No brown rice and we were not offered fried rice when we asked, although it appears this is available.

The wait person never came to ask if our meals were satisfactory.

We will NOT be returning.

2  Thank HotSpringsLover58

Reviewed 15 March 2013

All food excellent. Have eaten Tai all over the country. Better than any in Salt Lake area! Last time I had it this good was in Seattle area!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Authentic home cooked food. Friendly. Delicious!! My husband loved the sesame salad. Wonton soup excellent. Yellow curry awesome!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I live less than an hour away from this restaurant, and once I found out how great it was, I have been back several times. It is often filled with locals, but they have quick service and usually all the staff they need. The food is the reason to go! The couple that runs the place is friendly and busy, and the food is consistently good. I would suggest the yellow curry. (One "star" is removed for the fact that this is quite literally a renovated gas station- No ambiance whatsoever!- But we go to have a wonderful meal, not to look at the glittery elephants!)

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Don't judge a reasturant by it's gas station past! This is by far the cleanest, friendliest, and "best Thai" food I have ever had! It is a tradition to have dinner here. Come early or you may have to wait, the staff is helpfull, and place is clean. This is the best place to have dinner, other than the Blue Moon burgers, this is the best gig in town and you can bring the kiddies!