“Ugh”

Cuisines: Thai
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Ugh”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

There was no greeting at the door. We find a empty table that was filthy. Didn't pay much mind to it because we jst wanted to sit while we wait for service. We were planning on ordering the food to go anyways. As we wait 20 minutes pas. I got the attention from one waitress that walked pass our table 4 times since we've been there. I kindly asked if it was alright if we can get a order in to go. She replied with "just a minute honey" and never came back. Oh well, I wish their business luck because they lack professionalism and many other characteristics a restaurant should carry.

• Visited May 2013

Cottonwood Heights, Utah
“Filthy restaurant, rude service, horrible food”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We visit Lava Hot Springs often and have heard many good things about the Riverwalk Thai Restaurant. So, we visited last Friday night when we were in town.

We were not greeted when we entered. There were five tables which did not have patrons but were stacked with dirty dishes. The only available table was in front of the door, so we sat down.

We sat there more than fifteen minutes before two filthy menus were flung on our table without so much as an acknowledgement.

We had been told we could bring our own bottle to wine to enjoy with the meal. A staff person threw two plastic cups and the corkscrew also on our table without acknowledging us, greeting us, or offering to open our wine. Wine in plastic cups is not my vision of a nice dinner on a Friday night.

I ordered the Chicken Cashew. I should have stopped by Costco on the way and purchased a bag of stir fry veggies for the kitchen to use. The only two veggies they used were carrots and celery. No peas, no mushrooms -- nothing. No flavor, bland, and disgusting. There were a total of three teeny tiny pieces of chicken in the entire entree.

My husband ordered the broccoli beef. It was even worse than my dish. The few pieces of beef were fat and grizzle. The sauce was watery and flavorless.

The only rice available is white rice. No brown rice and we were not offered fried rice when we asked, although it appears this is available.

The wait person never came to ask if our meals were satisfactory.

We will NOT be returning.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank HotSpringsLover58
SLC
“Excellent.”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

All food excellent. Have eaten Tai all over the country. Better than any in Salt Lake area! Last time I had it this good was in Seattle area!

Visited March 2013
SLC
“Great Tai Food”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Authentic home cooked food. Friendly. Delicious!! My husband loved the sesame salad. Wonton soup excellent. Yellow curry awesome!

Visited March 2013
Montpelier, Idaho
“The nicest thing that ever happened to a gas station!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I live less than an hour away from this restaurant, and once I found out how great it was, I have been back several times. It is often filled with locals, but they have quick service and usually all the staff they need. The food is the reason to go! The couple that runs the place is friendly and busy, and the food is consistently good. I would suggest the yellow curry. (One "star" is removed for the fact that this is quite literally a renovated gas station- No ambiance whatsoever!- But we go to have a wonderful meal, not to look at the glittery elephants!)

• Visited February 2013