“Yeah, it's pretty bad, but we still go”

River's Edge Resort RV & Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lava Hot Springs
River's Edge Resort RV & Campground
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family has been using this campground for over 30 years. Plainly put, it's a dump. It's was taken over by "new management" about 3 years ago, but all they've really done is jack up the prices. However, there are limited options if you want to camp within Lava, it's not much worse than any other campground you'll find nearby and it's one of the cheapest. The pros of this campground are that it's right on the river, it's at a point on the river where you can get out if you are tubing the river and there is more shade here than a lot of the other campgrounds in Lava. The cons are it is only moderately maintained, the management doesn't always control the noisy and drunk people and the bathrooms are inadequate and completely, absolutely disgusting. Because of some supposed law banning any new construction on the property because it's a "flood zone" they can't or won't build decent bathrooms. So for a campground that can have over 200 people in it at any given time, they have 2 showers and 4 usable toilets for each gender! I think they could probably get permission, but use this as an excuse to not spend the money. So seriously consider other options if you aren't bringing your own bathroom. The staff varies from friendly and helpful to rude and nasty, depending on who you get. They are pretty much indifferent to most complaints and if you stay here on the weekend, keep the number for Bannock County Sheriff on hand; this is the only help you will get if you are dealing with drunk and disorderlies.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ilgogetmyball
There are newer reviews for River's Edge Resort RV & Campground
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

In all my years of camping this has to the worst experience. For example, when I exited my trailer I had to be careful not to get burned by the next campsite's grill. The campers on the other side played loud music all day and into the night well past quiet hours. Day guests encroached on our grill and table. My 20 year old son was ready to leave the minute we got there because of the conditions. Two sites down, one afternoon a young man, with I assume we're his parents present, yelled "[--]" as loud as he could continually for 30 seconds. I had to close the trailer up to prevent my 6-yr old granddaughter from hearing. Would never recommend and would never come back.

• Stayed: July 2013