“Relaxed: Me, at last!”
Review of Lions Gate Manor

Lions Gate Manor
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

I wrote a review with the same title under Greystone Manor; we were staying at Lyons Gate during that visit and I made a few errors in that review:

First of all, our fabulous hostess / innkeeper was Vicki (not Joann...where did my brain go?). Vicki is so wonderful! As I said in my other review I wish she lived just across the way from us all the time! So helpful, thoughtful and friendly as she goes about meeting the needs of her guests and her lodging. First quality!!!

Second, I mis-typed the name of Lyons Gate Manor in my other review. We loved staying in the Lyons Gate Manor. It was so quiet and war, even with a heavy snowstorm happening all weekend (which btw is a bonus while soaking in the hot pools: the visual and physical experience of falling snow while relaxing in a hot pool is bliss that goes beyond description!)

The LGM kitchen would delight the most demanding cook. While I did not cook during our stay, I did look through what the kitchen had to offer; Top Chef wannabes could have a blast in that kitchen!

I thought the two upstairs rooms were charming; one boyishly decorated and one very girlish.

The one minor concern *might* be the fact that on order to get to the one beautiful 3/4 bathroom, it is necessary to go through the downstairs "master" bedroom. Not a problem for just us two but should be considered if having others going through the master bedroom on the way to the bath would matter.

We so enjoyed our visit and look forward to visiting again in other seasons of the year!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Ladyjillanna
the_johnc, Owner at Lions Gate Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

The best part of running a B&B is the people we get to meet !! Thank you so much for your recommendation. I was confused when she said she had to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Since all the bedrooms have their private bathrooms I couldn't figure out why this was a problem. I read the review to my husband and he started to laugh. We are guessing and I do remember telling a couple that was checking in that there was a bathroom on the main floor that they could use since they were in a hurry to use such a facility. There is a public bathroom and next to it is one of our suites - an elaborate Medieval suite. We are guessing they went through the wrong door. They entered the suite instead of the half bath. They walked past the fireplace and tudor bed into the suite's bathroom. We apologize for not being more exact in our instructions.

We are ordering a sign for the public bathroom door - we just need to decide to use 'public restroom' or 'ye olde watercloset'.

Tami Clark

Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stayed in 2 different rooms during our weekend at the Lions gate Manor. Loved both nights, John and the staff were amazing and totally accomidating to our wants and needs. Enjoyed breakfast both mornings, had great conversation with other guests. When we can make the trip again it will be part of the trip

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have yet to stay as a guest at this hotel. I am from Sandy Utah just a few hours away. My mom and I toured this awesome bed and breakfast (can't remember the guy who showed it to us) and we both left thinking "Man wished we had stayed at this place over the cheap hotels inside the town!" They showed us the Phantom room and even took the time to let me (i'm a fanatic about this) take a billion pictures of every room for FB! Every one who worked there right down to house keeping seemed to enjoy their jobs there. My impression was that the owners treated the staff pretty well! I loved the dining room for breakfast in the morning. The outdoor deck was awesome and showed the beauty of Idaho well! If you want a relaxing place to get away from it all this is totally the place! I am coming back here with my fiance just trying to get the time off work! The hardest thing will be deciding what room to book!

Room Tip: I can't remember if this place has a pool and a fitness center.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

If you love The Phantom of the Opera, or themed rooms.... This is a must do. From the secert entrance behind the bookcase to the private box seat theater, this room instantly emerses you in the phantoms playground. The breakfast was delicious. Just a word of caution.... The suite is not sound proof.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I am from Sunny Florida so I loved to curl up by the fireplace in the room. It was a nice secluded spot. I loved the views of the mountains both in and out of the Manor. Our room was on the main floor and very easy for my Grandmother to get in and out of the bed and in and out of the bathroom. We were in the King Henry the 8th room. The furniture and lighting were really fun. The main table was fabulous. This is like a bed and breakfast so those expecting more of a hotel experience might be surprised. It is more like a home away from home. I loved that we had our own key to lock our room and the front door to come and go anytime and the mint chocolates were fabulous! (I love chocolate mint!) I couldn't get enough of the hot chocolate in the morning. I got to see all the rooms and can't wait to go back to show my husband the Phantom's lair.

Room Tip: I recommend talking to the owners to help you choose. There are rooms with a deck door to enjoy the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I enjoyed the accommodations and the seclusion and beautiful panoramic view of the mountains there.

It was a perfect place to stay to enjoy the hot springs.

I liked the common parlor space upstairs that was open to everyone.

I enjoyed my visit this week even more than when I was there last time.

It is very comfortable and restful and peaceful.

This last visit we were in the secret garden room. It was fun to talk to the owner about the on going development of this property.

I enjoyed the wonderful hot breakfast with other guests and enjoyed getting to know them.

We were made to feel at home. We had some left overs from being out to dinner that night and they were kind to let us put our food in one of their refrigerators in their lovely kitchen.

We enjoyed the air jet tub. The room was a nice size and had plenty of room even with the large King sized bed. The garden room had a cute park bench and flower chandeliers with dimmers, a nice TV, and the bed was also very comfortable. It made it wonderfully enjoyable for us. It was worth the extra time to drive there.

We have been in the Medieval Chamber twice and in the secret garden room this last time, and had a great tour of the bed and breakfast before the next guests arrived. All the rooms were very spacious and decorated in fun themes and periods.

I look forward to enjoying some of the other rooms when I have a chance to come this way again.

Lynn S.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We have been here twice now. We live in Texas but where we found our business was brining us within an hour and a half of The Lions Gate Manor, we made the 90 minute trip to spend another night there!

We just loved the Medevial Chamber and the great furniture including the King Henry the 8th bed and stunning chairs.

The breakfast held in the stunning diningroom with other guests on a wonderful table with large hand carved chairs - and a very personal and friendly owner and his son and granddaughter making the breakfast for us and serving us, was such a treat! Loved the hot chocolate with real fresh whipped cream!

We took the tour of the other themed rooms for a second time and this time chose to stay in the secret garden room and throughly enjoyed that as well - the air jetted tub was great too!

It is only 3 minutes away from the resort town of Lava Hot Springs, but is up on a hill away from everything and it is quiet and peaceful and a beautiful setting with a great view.

Darlene Smith

Room Tip: There are two rooms on the main floor - one works great for the handicapped. The website is good at...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple