“Best B&B I have visited” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lions Gate Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lava Hot Springs
Lions Gate Manor
Magna, Utah
“Best B&B I have visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was our 5th stay at the Lions Gate Manor. We stayed in the Medieval Chamber on this trip and while all of the rooms we have stayed in have been great for their charm and privacy, this room is our favorite. This room has a large 4 poster canopied bed, fireplace, large walk in shower, 10 foot ceilings, neat throne chairs and lights that dim. The Lionsgate is located outside the city limits and has beautiful views all around.
The Clarks are the most gracious and friendly hosts and put out a great spread for breakfast. I would strongly recommend Lionsgate Manor for anyone looking for a beautiful and quiet getaway.

Room Tip: Call and ask the owner about the location of the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Harrisville, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We have stayed in several themed hotels over the years and by far this was the best! The attention to detail was beyond compare. We stayed in the Phantom's Lair, from the moment we stepped through the bookcase and descended down the spiral staircase into the darkness that was the phantom's lair, the place he made just for Christine I thought of the movie. The candles, the roses, the organ, the mirror. It was perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay in the medieval chamber. Bed was so comfortable! Breakfast was very filling (buffet style) with eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh baked muffins and coffee. Yum. Owners very nice and pleasant. We'll come back for sure!!!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Logan, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed 2 nights the first night was in the Phantom's Lair what a great room :) 2nd night was in the secret garden is was a wonderful room as well just by the main front door... The breakfast was great both mornings John and Tami were just wonderful host. I would go threre again and stay... Great getaway ... Tammy and Gary

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

I wrote a review with the same title under Greystone Manor; we were staying at Lyons Gate during that visit and I made a few errors in that review:

First of all, our fabulous hostess / innkeeper was Vicki (not Joann...where did my brain go?). Vicki is so wonderful! As I said in my other review I wish she lived just across the way from us all the time! So helpful, thoughtful and friendly as she goes about meeting the needs of her guests and her lodging. First quality!!!

Second, I mis-typed the name of Lyons Gate Manor in my other review. We loved staying in the Lyons Gate Manor. It was so quiet and war, even with a heavy snowstorm happening all weekend (which btw is a bonus while soaking in the hot pools: the visual and physical experience of falling snow while relaxing in a hot pool is bliss that goes beyond description!)

The LGM kitchen would delight the most demanding cook. While I did not cook during our stay, I did look through what the kitchen had to offer; Top Chef wannabes could have a blast in that kitchen!

I thought the two upstairs rooms were charming; one boyishly decorated and one very girlish.

The one minor concern *might* be the fact that on order to get to the one beautiful 3/4 bathroom, it is necessary to go through the downstairs "master" bedroom. Not a problem for just us two but should be considered if having others going through the master bedroom on the way to the bath would matter.

We so enjoyed our visit and look forward to visiting again in other seasons of the year!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ladyjillanna
the_johnc, Owner at Lions Gate Manor, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
The best part of running a B&B is the people we get to meet !! Thank you so much for your recommendation. I was confused when she said she had to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Since all the bedrooms have their private bathrooms I couldn't figure out why this was a problem. I read the review to my husband and he started to laugh. We are guessing and I do remember telling a couple that was checking in that there was a bathroom on the main floor that they could use since they were in a hurry to use such a facility. There is a public bathroom and next to it is one of our suites - an elaborate Medieval suite. We are guessing they went through the wrong door. They entered the suite instead of the half bath. They walked past the fireplace and tudor bed into the suite's bathroom. We apologize for not being more exact in our instructions.

We are ordering a sign for the public bathroom door - we just need to decide to use 'public restroom' or 'ye olde watercloset'.

Tami Clark
Kearns, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stayed in 2 different rooms during our weekend at the Lions gate Manor. Loved both nights, John and the staff were amazing and totally accomidating to our wants and needs. Enjoyed breakfast both mornings, had great conversation with other guests. When we can make the trip again it will be part of the trip

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandy, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have yet to stay as a guest at this hotel. I am from Sandy Utah just a few hours away. My mom and I toured this awesome bed and breakfast (can't remember the guy who showed it to us) and we both left thinking "Man wished we had stayed at this place over the cheap hotels inside the town!" They showed us the Phantom room and even took the time to let me (i'm a fanatic about this) take a billion pictures of every room for FB! Every one who worked there right down to house keeping seemed to enjoy their jobs there. My impression was that the owners treated the staff pretty well! I loved the dining room for breakfast in the morning. The outdoor deck was awesome and showed the beauty of Idaho well! If you want a relaxing place to get away from it all this is totally the place! I am coming back here with my fiance just trying to get the time off work! The hardest thing will be deciding what room to book!

Room Tip: I can't remember if this place has a pool and a fitness center.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family