All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesfamily roomrestaurants within walking distancewould stay againlow budgetone night staymorning breakfastspent two nightswater pressurea great place to staycoffee makerfirst floorconvenient locationroad noiseking bedcomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed 2 July 2007

We stayed at Inn America in Lewiston Idaho for one night on business. We have stayed at the Red Lion, Motel 6 in Clarkston, Super 8, and Comfort Inn. The Inn America was the best value for the money.

Rooms were clean, comfortable, large and the beds were quite comfortable. The staff members were very helpful and courteous and I highly recommend this hotel for people who want good value for their money.

We requested an upper floor and contrary to what usually happens when we arrive at a hotel, the desk clerk had actually read our request and the room was already reserved. She walked up the stairs to make sure the room was ready.

Thank you Inn America for making our stay so relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 February 2007

First time at this hotel and was not sure what to expect. Even though she was very busy, the young lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We had a second floor room with king size bed overlooking the river and mountains. The room was adequate. The coffee pot in the room was dirty and there were open packets of creamer and sugar left by the last guest. There was no soap for the shower, only shower gel in a dispenser. The continental breakfast was disappointing. We were there early and there wasn't much there. We ended up walking to the McDonald's across the street. Next time in Lewiston we will probably try a different property.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank planegirl
Reviewed 10 July 2006

We have stayed at this property several times over the years while visiting family in Lewiston. In the past, it was an excellent choice and the ONLY place I called for reservations. Unfortunately on our last visit, several members of our family had troubles with their reservations, the heating/air conditioning, cleanliness of the rooms, and we made a dangerous discovery in our room. Actually, our small child, under 5, found it. Between the sheet and mattress (an area that should have been touched by the maid, IF the room had been cleaned, YUCK!) was a small plastic baggie of unmarked pills. In retrospect, I realize I should have reported it to the police or a higher authority than the desk clerk, because we had no way of knowing what was in that bag and our child could have easily ingested the contents, if we had not been watching him closely. I think at the time, we were so shocked by the find, we didn't really know what to do. The manager (I think?) was apologetic in the morning when we were checking out, but considering the other (minor) issues on top of that major one, we decided to no longer bring our business to this Inn America. I have also noticed a serious decline in quality and cleanliness at the Boise property as well. It's a shame, because I used both hotels regularly when I traveled in Idaho and used to recommend them to family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2004
6  Thank NWTravelingFam
Reviewed 27 June 2006

My family was very pleased with Inn America's cleanliness, service and amenities (including fresh waffles for breakfast and a lobby computer for guest use), with one huge exception: THE SMOKE. We were given a room on the third floor, which is divided evenly between smoking and non-smoking rooms. (First two floors are all non-smoking.) The hallway (and elevator) smelled like a stale ashtray and, try as we might, we could not keep the smoke out of our room. Inn America needs to take a hard look at this and either make the entire third floor smoking or become a non-smoking facility, because having a non-smoking room near to a smoking one is like having a non-peeing section in a swimming pool full of kids.

This was the one smoky fly in the ointment and I otherwise would have given I.A. five stars. I still recommend it, but if you prefer your lungs to remain tar and nicotine-free, insist that they give you a room on the first two floors.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank esskayess
Reviewed 20 February 2006

To me the most important item in a motel or
hotel room is the quality of the mattress.

The mattress in our room at the Inn America in
Lewiston, Idaho was the firmest and stiffest I
ever slept on by far.

I asked a maid if all the mattresses were also
very stiff and she said all the mattresses in
the motel were the same.

Other than the mattresses the motel was above
average, but to me the mattress is the main and
most important item for lodging.

2  Thank Hiker9