“Delicious food at a great price”

Thai Taste Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 106 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Thai Taste is a surprising find in the mostly blue collar town of Lewiston, ID. I have been going there with my family since we moved to Moscow, ID in 1997. It is worth the 30 minute drive. The dishes are authentic and flavorful. We particularly like the ginger chicken and the vegetable fried rice. The chicken satay was our kids' favorite dish when there were little and wanted something simple and not too spicy. Don't miss the homemade coconut ice cream with warm black rice pudding for dessert. It's big enough to share if you'll full from the tasty meal you've just eaten.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is one of our favorite places to eat in the valley. The staff is always friendly, the owners are really nice people, the kitchen is super clean & tidy.(I've visited the kitchen) The food is amazing.

As 40-year plus residents here, I've searched our area's restaurants on TripAdvisor & what my friends,family & ***I have noticed on TripAdvisor is you really want to check the reviews on what the locals like or would dine out in this valley of less than 50,000.*** So listen to the locals! Thai Taste is a local favorite here for many years. The restaurant itself has been refurbished from Taco-Time in the 70's & China Inn in the 80's....It's a place where you wear casual clothing, relaxed atmosphere... often full of patrons. The feeling around the valley here is if Thai Taste was to move into a new/larger location... it would no doubt be the area's best place to dine. Yet, if that was to happen, I'd imagine the prices wouldn't be so reasonable.

You can locate their menu on the Urbanspoon website... My family mostly does takeout, yet have dined inside many times. We like the Pud See Ew (Beef) 2-stars, Fried Rice (Chicken & Triple Meat[Pork,Beef,Chicken] 2 or 3-stars. This is all we get, unless we're dining inside and tea and sometimes an ice-cold, yummy Tsingtao beer is purchased. For these three dishes for takeout (2-different fried rice dishes & the Pud See Ew), will cost around $34 and it will feed a family of three for 2-3 servings. The takeout will weigh around 3lbs, it's that much great food. :)

The star ratings are accurate on the spices. For 1-star it's titled as; For Those That Hesitate....for 5-stars it reads; Dragon Fire. We like 2-stars or Warming Your Toes... anything higher, well than you like it spicy & hot. :)

On takeout, you call your order in and need to wait approx. 50-minutes before you arrive. So keep that in mind before you order. They're also closed on Mondays. Don't call in your order and drive right there or you'll sit an extra 40-minutes. This is because they prepare your dishes fresh to order.

In conclusion; For tourists, be careful reading comments of restaurants here in our valley that are not from locals & then take at least a day or night to experience Thai Taste! Plus, it has so many other dishes that locals rave about from their soup to their curry. My family loves the three dishes we always get & so we feel no need to try anything else. Yet, there's a ton of choices.

Bon Appetit!

Eating here 20-years+ I rate this place a perfect 5 out of 5!

3  Thank RaiderQY
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Water pitcher had black mold on the bottom, flies bothering us, and when food FINALLY arrived after 1 hour 15 minutes my daughter pulled 3 long black hairs out of her food before Id had enough and we left. The foods not good enough to risk food poisoning or hepititis for.

1  Thank IdahoGirl72
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Nice clean small quiet restaurant. Food very tasty and individually prepared, but rating for spice overstated. Service was good considering their was only one server who also handled carry outs and rang the register. She was working very hard and I rewarded her with a large tip

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I ordered takeout from Thai Taste during a recent business trip. The prices were very reasonable. I called ahead and still had to wait 10 minutes before someone was able to ring me up. I could see that the service is extremely slow, only two people waiting on the number of patrons. The green curry is a bit mild, I should have upped the spice. But Lewiston has limited options, so this is pretty decent for the area.