“good place to stay”

Golden Oak Inn
Golden Oak Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The service here was great the room was very clean. Ni.ce big room very and quite.
the staff(ladies) were very friendly they made us feel very comfortable.the beds
Were comfortable. Slept great. I recimend staying here to anyone.
Thanks again ladies

Room Tip: Very nice staff.we felt right at home
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mechell M

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed at the Golden Oak Inn in August of this year. I was so pleased that the lady at the front desk was so nice and friendly. She made us feel welcome right away. The room was large and it even had a bigger than normal refrigerator in it. It also had a toaster and a microwave. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We were traveling with a little dog and she was also welcome to stay here. She felt at home too. We got a great nights sleep. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to other travelers. It is also in a very convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I am still not sure if the sheets were clean but that's okay because for a 1$ to wash and $1 to dry I washed them, the blankets and towels myself. I have been here for 5 days so far no maid service done to my room. That's okay because I finally scrubbed up the calking over the top of the mold and mildew in my shower so it could soak in bleach over night. then I will re calk it. They should be paying me. I have shampooed carpet and washed walls and the chair had nasty stains on it, it's been shampooed tooo. I bleach doorknobs and light fixtures several times a day. I even booked room 5 days in advance and called ahead of time. I was asked to wait until afternoon so the maid would have time to clean. I checked in at 8:30pm I figured even the slowest handicapped elderly maid would have plenty of time to do their job. But noooooooo. If I wasn't desperate I wouldn't ber here, but it beats sleeping in a cardboard box.

Room Tip: make sure you bring extra padding I have not had one decent nights sleep since I got here do to the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Georgie H
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We were in between moving and decided to find a motel to live in for a couple of months. When we arrived we found spill stains on the wall dirty shower and sink and wi-fi that lasted about 2 or 3 days before being disconnected, which I was assured would be fixed. Infact alot of the rooms there are occupied by permanent residents. One room had constant traffic and the room resident often sat in his car on a telephone... If that tells you anything. At times the front desk smelt of marjauna. Another was occupied by the town crazy who yells at cars and gives meaningless directions ( not his fault but not exactly the place he should live imo... right next to highway and this man liked to stop traffic ) The housekeepers were told to come at particular times which they ignored and woke me up at odd hours of the morning then after they were told again never returned. The coffee pot was hardly ever full from Truckers in the morning and only seemed full for them at the wee hours of the morning. Some of the residents owned dogs and kepts them in these one bedroom motel rooms.
We were supposed to recieve a parcel in the mail which never arrived.. yet the post office told us that it was delivered there.
Finally, when we left we had paided a months rents in advance and the owner told us that it was non-refundable so not only did they give us poorly maintained room they took approximately $200 of rent and I believe may have stole a parcel sent from my parents in Australia.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jarlkai
Reviewed 17 August 2007

The rooms were very nice, well appointed, and very clean. The check in was a breeze. We left our two dogs in the room for a few hours and had given the front desk our cell in case there was a problem with the dogs. They needed to call us because the dogs were crying and I really appreciated them having that concern.

This hotel made me feel pampered: They made sure we felt comfortable in our room and they wanted to do anything to please us.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Goldenoakmotel, OWNER at Golden Oak Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2007

Since September 5,2007 This motel is under new ownership. The rooms are much cleaner and we have extra staff so all guests are taken care of on a daily basis.We also have weekly and monthly rates and we welcome local guests. We would love to have you come stay with us.

Bill and Dorothy Hubbard

Reviewed 9 August 2007

The rooms are not at all as pictured. The carpet is shag, not having been cleaned for quite a while. The room smelled of smoke and filth. The bed was saggy, bumpy and not sure the sheets were clean. I couldn't even begin to think of staying there! The manager did refund my money. It was one of those places you should just pass right on by! Taxis were coming and going??? (Tells ya something!) and it looked like several Taxis actually had their offices on the property. I don't know how anyone can call this place clean or nice?

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Motorcycler
Reviewed 10 March 2007

I stayed on this propery for one full week. And did not find anything/see that others have talked about.
Rooms were very big and very clean. Price was resonable and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Lewiston
#1 of 13 in Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston

Been to Golden Oak Inn? Share your experiences!