“more training”

Cedars Inn Lewiston
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Everyone on staff needs more training. The rooms were not cleaned addequatly and towels were poorly done ( I didn't get one but got two bathmats.) Could be a great place as its very quiet and close to everything. Just train them how to do things

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Mark Y

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Cedars Inn, when I was in Lewiston attending the NAIA baseball tournament and I was skeptical to book after reading the reviews but I needed something cheap, and it was close to the baseball field so I took the chance. Its no Ritz Carlton but it was perfectly fine, and clean. Very good for the price I paid, and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This hotel is not even worth the one star I gave it. The rooms smell, broken parts in the rooms. Animals use the bathroom on the property like hello clean that up you have your employees living there make them work and keep it clean. When I walk out of my room to have a smoke I do not want to have to look at my every step to make sure I am not stepping in poop or pee. The employees think it is ok to just allow their office to smell like smoke I am sorry but my boyfriend does not smoke and did not appreciate having to walk into a smoke filled office because they cant step away from the door. The general manager is very rude you ask her for anything and she ends up biting your head off I am sorry I have questions but you are supposed to make me feel welcome. The only good thing was the bars I could go over and drink and not have to worry about the price of a cab. Other than that it is good for nothing. The housekeepers need to start cleaning better I found hair on my toilet and on the shower wall. vacuuming was horrible. and the smell was terrible. I did not complain due to the fact my bf said to just chill and so I did. but I warn you do not stay at this hotel you will regret it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jessica o
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This hotel is old but everything worked. The place is clean, the front desk was helpful and they did offer a semi hot breakfast. You make the waffles yourself but they are good. I read some of the reviews for this hotel and was concerned that it was a "Bates" motel. I was happy to discover it was nothing like the reviews. If you need a place to stay that is cheap and convenient in Lewiston, Idaho don't be afraid to stay here. Just do not expect the frills that come with more expensive hotels. This place is bare minimum but we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom level.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We checked in and the room was so foul smelling my daughter would not come out of the car again. We had to coax her in because the people outside were almost as scary as the room. From what I was told by the front desk.....the place was pretty much condemned in 2010 and has now been remodeled. I told them to take down the sign saying remodeled because our room was almost unbreathabale and was not in anyway remodeled that we could see. The ceiling was patched to cover water damage. The walls had holes in them, the queen beds were full sized and the tile in the bath area were not glued to the wall. My daughters back bedroom had crumbs in the bed. There was a stain in our room that looked as if it could have been motor oil or some solvent of some type, We thought it smelled of dead animals and that was why the carpet deodorizer was so thick. Never ever stay here...sleep in your car!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Sheri M
Reviewed 23 April 2013

NO WI-FI. Although advertised customers were unable to connect to the hotel's WI-FI. The only place that WI-FI was able to connect was in the hotel office, but I was still unable to open any attachments in my email.
They allow dogs, but have no place to relieve them! There was dog urine all over the hotel walkway posts/garbage cans, and poop on the walkways! I had to take my dog two blocks away to find a place for her to relieve herself!
Apparently the hotel is near two bars. I awoke to sirens right in the parking lot three times in one night! When I went outside one time, there was an officer taking a report from a hotel customer. It appeared that her car window had been smashed in. According to a five month hotel resident whose wife is in the hospital, this is a regular occurance.
I do not recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Nanette M
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Our first impression of the Cedars Inn was that the employees spend most of their time standing in front of the door smoking. We think that this is an accurate statement because both in the evening when we arrived there were three ladies out there, and in the morning at breakfast time there were two gentlemen standing there. Now I don't mind if they smoke, but I don't want it to be anywhere near where I have to smell it. Oh, and don't you think there are a few tasks to be done at the Cedars, like clean up the messes and repair the all broken stuff?

We did not have a good night. The heater ran only at one temperature regardless of setting. That setting was extremely hot. And the walls and ceiling are thin. The fellow upstairs arose around 4 am and we would have preferred to sleep in on our vacation, but we had to lie awake because his every step and activity came through his floor to us, loud and clear.

We did not like the bed either. We tended to roll into the center, which as you may know is a characteristic of beds that are shot and need to be replaced.

We liked the waffle makers at breakfast, but didn't like having to smell the cigarette smoke of the trailer trash employees, who left the front door open while they puffed away. I told them that smoke makes me feel ill, but got no response.

These employees don't care, they are just putting in time to get a paycheck. Management is non-existent. I wish we had stayed someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trekkin_1956
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#5 of 13 in Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
22 mi away
Best Western Plus University Inn

Been to Cedars Inn Lewiston? Share your experiences!