“Great Hotel for the price”

Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I ended up staying here after a HORRIBLE experience at the Motel 6 in Clarkston.

We arrived at the GH Inn and spoke with Susan, who was VERY accommodating to our request of asking to see one of the rooms before checking in. She showed us up to one of the second floor Queen bedrooms, and, although a bit outdated the room itself seemed clean. We decided it would be a LOT better than the Motel 6 and proceeded to check-in, all the while telling her about our experience. She was sympathetic and upgraded us to a King bedroom on the Third floor for no added cost. We were SO grateful that she did that for us - so nice! This room was updated and felt clean throughout. AND the cost was $10 LESS than the crappy Motel 6! So needless to say we were thrilled. We checked for bedbugs (we always do, even at nicer hotels) and didn't find any so we stayed put and thanked Susan again on our way out to dinner. The room was facing the street but really we didn't hear much street noise once the TV was turned on and we were asleep. We will be back to the GH Inn because of the great service and the nice, clean rooms. For the price we really couldn't ask any better! :)

Room Tip: Get a riverside room if you don't want much street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CinthiaR, General Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for giving us a try and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Riverside rooms are nicer but the King rooms are as big, but they are still very large rooms. The view is of the Columbia River. Many times you can catch sights of ravens, fisherman and skiers.

There are newer reviews for Fairbridge Inn & Suites

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had stayed here for a dog show one weekend. Upon arriving i was very impressed that they have small runs for peoples pets as well as a "doggy bag (containing a cleanup bag and a few treats as well as a reminder of the hotels rules for pets in the rooms)" given a the time of check in. I was here for 4 days, of those 4 days there were 3 days that i had arrived back at my room around 3pm after the show each day and housekeeping hadnt even gotten to my room yet (this was really not a big deal to me. i just asked for some fresh towels and called it good as having my dog in the room would have been a little crowded to have the housekeeper clean around us). For the most part the stay was pleasant. the pool was down for repainting while i was there so I cant really say much about that. however, the biggest problem i have with this hotel is that i had left a jacket hanging on one of the hangers and forgot to go back and get it after i had my dog and all of our stuff packed in my car.(its hard to remember everything when you have had a dog tied to your hand for 4 days straight and trying to push a luggage cart around while holding a leash as well.) I called several times before i could get an answer as to if it had been found. IT WAS NOT FOUND. I knew exactly where i left it and it seems to me that someone decided it was a nice jacket (which it was) and kept it. If i were to stay at this hotel again i would request that housekeeping doesnt do anything for my room while i am not there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank laneedw65
CinthiaR, General Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us during the Annual Dog Show. Lewiston works hard to host the event. It is so frustrating for us as well when a guest calls and states they left something behind and we cannot find it. We stress about it as well wondering if we mishandled it or if the guest simply didn't know where they left it. We do take pride in keeping our guest's belongings secure and storing them if the guest calls to report a missing item. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for a weekend in March. Nothing fancy but the beds are comfortable and it was clean, Espresso stand and great authentic Mexican restaurant right across the street. If you can get past the Lewiston smell (I've heard it referred to as the smell of money, guess that's because it employs a large percent of the population) it's not a bad place to stay...My only gripe was their claim of a Continental Breakfast...it was oatmeal, toast and Cornflakes...no fruit, pastries or any of the other amenities you would expect from a true Continental Breakfast. ..We were there at a discounted rate so it was ok...Might stay there again though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CinthiaR, Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for staying choosing us for your desired stay during your travels. The pleasant smell as you drive into Lewiston I had found out is the paper mill that makes the paper from the wood that they gather. It does take a minute to get used to. We do like to serve a variety of selections we switch up often. We have biscuits and gravy some days and others we have breakfast sandwiches. Both variety's do come with juice, fruit, muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal, and oatmeal. We hope that you do come to stay with us again as it was a pleasure to have you. We would love for you to enjoy not only the great customer service we offer but the breakfast as well.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel room was large and was nice. The staff was okay, there were two that were amazing and the others were not that helpful. The breakfast was not as great but was okay especially for the price. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Decent hotel. Nothing fancy. Not a 5 star, but I got what I paid for at 126 for 2 nights. Room was clean, beds ok, pillows flat, but all in all was OK. The best part: Waffles & more right up the street = best breakfast & waffles ever. Ever.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Trisha S
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The staff really makes you feel at home at the guest house inn. they also let us use the breakfast room for meetings. Found it was the best value in town, good business traveler discounts. the new updates in the hotel are great. new paint in many rooms and new comforters

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the balconies.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

When we first got to the motel it didn't look all that bad. It's in a good location and the staff was fairly friendly. Once we got to the room my opinion changed dramatically. Even though it was a non smoking room, it REEKED of secondhand smoke. We could not decide if it was due to it being a smoking room previously or if we were smelling smoke from the balcony located on the other side of the room.

I could have dealt with the smell, but as we looked further into the room we noticed that the shower was not cleaned, the tables and cabinets in the room had crumbs on them and the floor had not been vacuumed. I pulled back the sheets on the bed and there was BLOOD on them. There was also hair wound into some parts of the sheets.

My husband talked to the receptionist and she said they have been having a continuous problem with housekeeping, was very apologetic and brought us new sheets but could not confidently say that this set was clean. There was a mysterious stain on these as well, but we opted to just sleep in our clothes, on top of the sheets because we were too exhausted by this time to do anything about it.

We ended up buying clorox wipes to sanitize everything so we could at least use the bathroom. We checked out the next day and a different receptionist than the night before was very rude and stated that we shouldn't expect anything from a "budget motel."

I'm sorry, but I don't believe being a budget motel is an excuse to not clean your rooms. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brooklynk277
CinthiaR, Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We are so sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your unfortunate experience at our property. We did speak with housekeeping and addressed issues with our front desk staff. Our hotel prides ourselves on giving our guests clean, comfortable, and safe rooms so I do apologize for the inconvenience our room and our staff may have given you. I cant stress enough to you how inappropriate this type or service was and we by no means condone it. If our guests have any questions or concerns or need absolutely anything we like them to know that at any hour during the day or night they can call us and we would be there in a timely manner to assist in anyway,shape or form. OUR GUESTS COME FIRST.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Red Lion Hotel Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Golden Oak Inn
Golden Oak Inn
#7 of 13 in Lewiston

Been to Fairbridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!