“Nice place to spend a night”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stopped over here for a night before a drive to Portland the next day. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The was also a pool and jacuzzi, however I did not use either of them so I can't review them. The breakfast in the morning was good, bacon, eggs, waffles along with some cereal (Nice to see Rice Krispies), and the usual OJ and Apple Juice. The hotel is pretty close to everything in town, plenty of food choices to be had. Overall a nice clean place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank USFBowler
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed here years ago and enjoyed it and were looking forward to returning here with my grandchildren. We were very pleased with everything. The suite was clean ,the pool was clean. The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety to select from. The staff were friendly and we will certainly return again.

Room Tip: We had a suite which had a king size bed and pull out couch.Request a 1st floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank riverside13
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Holiday Inn Express was sold out so I ended up at Comfort Inn. It's fine - quiet, clean. Swimming pool, jacuzzi, warm cookies in the evening, and your typical blah continental breakfast. As another review mentions, it is hard to find from the street.

Room Tip: A suite was available for just $10 more. If there's more than one of you it might be nice to hav...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ghow507
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I checked in for one night, 2/23/2012, paid $99.27, for a bottom floor non smoking room, I charged on my credit card, They had a bus load of teenagers in the hotel that night running up and down the halls and stairways, then charged my credit card an extra $200.00, said I was smoking in my room, I have never smoked in my life let alone smoked in there room. Be cautious staying at this place, for the same money stay at the Red Lion, they won't take advantage of you.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RAThompson_12
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Clean and comfortable room with a wonderful jacuzzi. Quick check in and friendly staff. Nice indoor pool, hot tub and breakfast. Only problem I had is that it was a little tricky to find.

Room Tip: When going to Lewiston you want to turn left onto 21st St. after going over the bridge. Then take a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra M
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The room was great, other then the hotel was full and we non-smokers got stuck in a smoking room. The only thing wrong with the room was the A/C was filthy.

We looked at the rates before hand online, but it was 1am and we were tired after a long day of travel. We assumed the rates would be 69.99 like they were the Sunday after. Nope. 119 for the first night, and at check-in we were not told what the rate would be! Wow. We found out later. The next morning after some sleep I called and asked why such a differing rate. Instead of a helpful voice, I had the most unhappy and uncaring voice on the other end telling me it is the manager who sets the rates and he couldn't do anything about it. Nice. But there is a sign at the desk saying they can not change rates after they have posted. BUT they are able to remove the safe deposit charges? Odd. The signs posted about making a good stay for guests seemed a mockery.

I can not stress enough the unfriendliness felt at this location. It's true they are never at the desk. No smiles. I was spoken to like I was bothering them. It was horrid. The cost we paid for the unhappy customer service was not worth it.

We are possibly planning to move to the area. We have lots of family that will visit if we do. Guess where I don't want them staying?

I am a previous hotel worker, 12 year veteran of the hospitality industry, 8 years being a Hampton Inn. This hotel could learn a thing about good customer service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank T M
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Of all hotels I've stayed, this is the one with the slowest internet connection ever. I think dial-up is faster than this.
If internet service is taken out, I would have given this a Very Good rating. All other services were acceptable, including very early hot breakfast that opened a few minutes before 6:00 AM for us early rising workers.
Be careful to ask for removal of safe warranty fee; they add it as default and don't warn you about it at checkout.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Chavita57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Red Lion Hotel Lewiston
#9 of 13 in Lewiston
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!