Mack's Inn Resort
Angler's Lodge(Island Park)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$107
  • Restaurant
Yellowstone West Gate Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$177
Yellowstone Lodge(West Yellowstone)
US$188
Travelocity
Yellowstone Park Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$182
Travelocity
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$375
US$285
Holiday Inn West Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$195
Gray Wolf Inn and Suites(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$171
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The cabins are refered to as rustic, but actually they're very run-down, with cracked glass, ill-fitting windows, peeling paint & varnish, dirty or stained carpets, moldy and rusted-out refrigerator, and leaking faucets. There is no microwave, no teapot, no kitchen tools (not a mug or spoon), and no closet or hooks to hang anything.
The enthusiastic, helpful, energetic employees make a stay there bearable, but I'd advise you to keep moving on down the road...

Room Tip: Perhaps a newer unit would be more presentable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MtDavid
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Diffently not what I expected. Is very rustic. Fly swatter on the wall next to the door so that you can kill the flys, insects etc.as you walk in, There was smashed moths on the wall that had not been removed. Never could get the water hot for a shower. Bed sat about 6 inches from the floor, and very uncomfortable. Bugs crawled across your feet while using the restroom. This really was like be out camping bugs and all. No TV, phone to call front desk etc. My teens who will just about do anything would not stay another night. We left and found somewhere else to stay the rest of your vacation.
Staff was very friendly only good thing about this place.

1  Thank kate0574
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I've been going to Macks Inn to float the river for several years now. The fishing is wonderful and a day on the river beats a day at work anytime. The float rentals are reasonably priced and its great that I can leave my car and get a ride up to the start and not have to shuffle cars around. The cabins range from small to quite large depending on your needs and I find them to be very relaxing. Your out in the woods in log cabins next to a river so you will battle with bugs there's no way around it be prepared for it.They have made some improvements to most of the cabins this year and a nice touch I might add. I've gone up 3 times this year and will be going back this weekend to fish and float for the day. If your looking for a great family adventure I would suggest Macks.

Room Tip: if theres more then 2 of you get a bigger cabin the single cabins are quite small so if you dont mind small then thats ok to. i would recommend cabins 36-41 for families
1  Thank groovybravobaby
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The bed sheets were dirty! The "hot" water was tepid, maybe 70 degF, both at 10 pm and 6 am; it wasn't just out of water the heater appears set that low. The knob that controls the heater was broken. If i didn't have apair of needle nose plier with me, we would have been very cold. The outside temperaure dropped below freezing. The molding in the bathroom was pulled out from the wall. The office appear to close at about 9 pm so there was no place to go for help.

Do not even think about staying at this place

Room Tip: Keep going West Yellowstone isn't that far.
2  Thank sharon o
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was surprised to read any positive reviews for this place. Is it possible that there could be one clean room there? If only a made bed could make this place clean.

My husband booked this place online. There is one thing i have come to learn about booking a hotel off the internet, don't stay anywhere that doesn't show a picture of the hotel or the accomodations. A picture of the river just doesn't quite explain this place. Frankly, I was nervous just leaving our car to check out the room when we arrived. When I saw an old, worn hillbilly type sitting on a chair with his shirt off puffing on a pipe, i was even more uneasy. That man looked like a fixture, like he had been in that chair for the past 50-100 years. We had to pass through a cloud of his smoke on the way to the "room." When we opened the door to our room we were aghast. Even our pre-teen, adventurous, kids were quite eager to leave. My husband is the most positive, hopeful, polite man on the planet and he tried to play it down. He would almost rather sleep in with bedbugs to avoid a confrontation...almost, but not quite. We looked around the room with our jaws dropped open. The "kitchenette" that was advertised in our room appeared pulled out of the wall with the pipes exposed...I'm guessing a roach infestation? The comforter on the bed appeared to have bed bugs, and there were maggots near the shower. Enough said. I would rather sleep in my car. Words cannot express this place. From the outside of the Riverside building it looked like it was a cinderblock prison, and i wanted out!

Anyway, my husband finally decided that he would rather pay the $250, or whatever we reserved it for, to NOT stay there...and I supported that decision. Suprisingly, they didn't take our money, but I don't think the person behind him in line to cancel was quite as fortunate.

Another warning about this place, is that they have a two-week cancellation policy...what respectful, quality hotel has that?

As a side note, I would definitely recommend anyone traveling through Island Park to stop at Upper & Lower Mesa Falls! That was beautiful--and the only reason I would ever travel through that area. Otherwise, my advice is to keep driving! Do not stop here!

Room Tip: Warning: Do not be tricked into thinking this place is worth a try, it's definitely not! You couldn't pay me to stay there!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family