“Bring the whole family!”
Review of Mack's Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Macks Inn
Mack's Inn Resort
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This resort is in a beautiful location with lots of fun things to do. My family and I stayed in the family lodge and were so impressed with the accommodations of that cabin. The smaller cabins some of our other family stayed in are clearly rustic and old-fashioned, but the staff was so helpful and took care of problems right away. Don't come here expecting the ritz or even the radisson, but do expect a clean room ran by good people that immediately treat you like family.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Kssp

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I made reservations for a "Guys Trip" for my husband and our three sons. It was a trip through Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and Island Park. This was a trip to celebrate my husband's birthday, youngest son's graduation from high school and a overall male bonding trip. I made arrangements at ceveral locations along the way. In Jackson Hole, Teton Mountain Lodge, Island Park, Mack's Inn and so on.
I reserved Mack's Inn for nostalgic reasons, my husband would stay there as a child in the 70's with his grandparents. I made reservations one month prior to their departure. When I called Mack's I told the clerk exactly which "room" Riverfront 61 and that I want to reserve 4 tickets to the Dinner Theater. She said she had everything, took my credit card and sent me an email confirmation. I called the resturant and ordered a cake to be made and presented to my husband for the occasion of his birthday at the dinner theater the night they were checking. She took my credit card information, charged it and told me everything went through. She also said she would let "Drew" at the dinner theater know they were bringing a cake over. My husband called me the day they were travelling to your "Inn" to say they were running behind schedule. I told him he needed to hurry because I had a month prior to that day made reservations for his stay and dinner at the dinner theater and had put it on our credit card. I also paid for a birthday cake which was to be a surprise for him (my sons where aware that I purchased a cake for their father for his birthday).
He rushed to Mack's Inn to check in and go to dinner.
The room - Riverfront 61 was not habitable. There was a awfull order coming from two water tanks, which were somehow disconnected and leaking) The clerk changed their room to Rustic Cabin 53. The went to the theater to be told they had no reservations. They did get them, also he had no birthday surprise. You guessed it no cake.
He called me in the morning to tell me of his terrible ordeal.
I called the front desk clerk to talk to a manager to find out what happened.
"Katy" told me there was no manager in on Wednesdays. She did not give me the managers name, number or day and time when the manager could be reach. She gave me "Drew's" phone number at the dinner theater so I could fine out what happened. "Drew" wasn't there I left a message. She gave me the name "Maracine" and number to the resturant supervisor to find where my cake was. The number she gave me had a message stating they, the resturant, was closed until December the 8th. I AM CALLING THE 18TH OF JULY. I called back Katy. I told her I really needed her supervisors information because I can't speak to "Drew" or "Maracine". She said she wasn't going to call her supervisor at home she would help me. I told her I didn't want her to call her boss at home and so far the information she gave me was not helping. I had explained everything to her before and she sent me in the direction I was going.
1) I needed to know if my card charge for 4 tickets to the theater. When my husband went to the show he paid at the door for the play and dinner. Katy did show that we had reservations but didn't know why the Playhouse said we did not. She could not tell if our card was charged or not.
2) Where is my cake? Where is my refund for the cake?

3) The room how can you explain that.

4) "Katy" told me to not call the resort again because I was unhappy and she would not deal with me. That she helped me solve all my problems and don't call back.

While writing this review "Katy" just called to tell me that my husband wanted an upgrade and that is why his room was changed.
Mackenzie the clerk I made the reservations with on 18 JUNE 2012 had told me that the Inn does not and will not make reservations for the PLAYHOUSE. If you want tickets you must call them yourself.
The voice mail recording for the resturant was just old and they are not in on Wednesday but I can call them any other day if I want a refund for the cake.

THEY LIE TO YOU AND HAVE NO CUSMy husband called complaining because he asked for an "upgrade" and everything was outstanding!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME - IF YOU DECIDE TO GO TO MACK'S INN, THEIR PLAYHOUSE, THEIR RESTURANT, OR ANYTHING ELSE THEY OWN AND OR AFFILIATED WITH YOU WILL BE WASTING YOU TIME AND MONEY.

THEY ARE THE WORST RESORT!
THEY LIE AND HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!

Room Tip: Go any where else but this place! Stay Away From the Mack's in Resort! They are nasty in custom...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Carol K
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The cabins are refered to as rustic, but actually they're very run-down, with cracked glass, ill-fitting windows, peeling paint & varnish, dirty or stained carpets, moldy and rusted-out refrigerator, and leaking faucets. There is no microwave, no teapot, no kitchen tools (not a mug or spoon), and no closet or hooks to hang anything.
The enthusiastic, helpful, energetic employees make a stay there bearable, but I'd advise you to keep moving on down the road...

Room Tip: Perhaps a newer unit would be more presentable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MtDavid
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Diffently not what I expected. Is very rustic. Fly swatter on the wall next to the door so that you can kill the flys, insects etc.as you walk in, There was smashed moths on the wall that had not been removed. Never could get the water hot for a shower. Bed sat about 6 inches from the floor, and very uncomfortable. Bugs crawled across your feet while using the restroom. This really was like be out camping bugs and all. No TV, phone to call front desk etc. My teens who will just about do anything would not stay another night. We left and found somewhere else to stay the rest of your vacation.
Staff was very friendly only good thing about this place.

1  Thank kate0574
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I've been going to Macks Inn to float the river for several years now. The fishing is wonderful and a day on the river beats a day at work anytime. The float rentals are reasonably priced and its great that I can leave my car and get a ride up to the start and not have to shuffle cars around. The cabins range from small to quite large depending on your needs and I find them to be very relaxing. Your out in the woods in log cabins next to a river so you will battle with bugs there's no way around it be prepared for it.They have made some improvements to most of the cabins this year and a nice touch I might add. I've gone up 3 times this year and will be going back this weekend to fish and float for the day. If your looking for a great family adventure I would suggest Macks.

Room Tip: if theres more then 2 of you get a bigger cabin the single cabins are quite small so if you dont min...
1  Thank groovybravobaby
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The bed sheets were dirty! The "hot" water was tepid, maybe 70 degF, both at 10 pm and 6 am; it wasn't just out of water the heater appears set that low. The knob that controls the heater was broken. If i didn't have apair of needle nose plier with me, we would have been very cold. The outside temperaure dropped below freezing. The molding in the bathroom was pulled out from the wall. The office appear to close at about 9 pm so there was no place to go for help.

Do not even think about staying at this place

Room Tip: Keep going West Yellowstone isn't that far.
2  Thank sharon o
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was surprised to read any positive reviews for this place. Is it possible that there could be one clean room there? If only a made bed could make this place clean.

My husband booked this place online. There is one thing i have come to learn about booking a hotel off the internet, don't stay anywhere that doesn't show a picture of the hotel or the accomodations. A picture of the river just doesn't quite explain this place. Frankly, I was nervous just leaving our car to check out the room when we arrived. When I saw an old, worn hillbilly type sitting on a chair with his shirt off puffing on a pipe, i was even more uneasy. That man looked like a fixture, like he had been in that chair for the past 50-100 years. We had to pass through a cloud of his smoke on the way to the "room." When we opened the door to our room we were aghast. Even our pre-teen, adventurous, kids were quite eager to leave. My husband is the most positive, hopeful, polite man on the planet and he tried to play it down. He would almost rather sleep in with bedbugs to avoid a confrontation...almost, but not quite. We looked around the room with our jaws dropped open. The "kitchenette" that was advertised in our room appeared pulled out of the wall with the pipes exposed...I'm guessing a roach infestation? The comforter on the bed appeared to have bed bugs, and there were maggots near the shower. Enough said. I would rather sleep in my car. Words cannot express this place. From the outside of the Riverside building it looked like it was a cinderblock prison, and i wanted out!

Anyway, my husband finally decided that he would rather pay the $250, or whatever we reserved it for, to NOT stay there...and I supported that decision. Suprisingly, they didn't take our money, but I don't think the person behind him in line to cancel was quite as fortunate.

Another warning about this place, is that they have a two-week cancellation policy...what respectful, quality hotel has that?

As a side note, I would definitely recommend anyone traveling through Island Park to stop at Upper & Lower Mesa Falls! That was beautiful--and the only reason I would ever travel through that area. Otherwise, my advice is to keep driving! Do not stop here!

Room Tip: Warning: Do not be tricked into thinking this place is worth a try, it's definitely not! You cou...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Esteph55

Been to Mack's Inn Resort? Share your experiences!