“Flash Back to the 1960”
Review of Mack's Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Macks Inn
Mack's Inn Resort
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed here as a child. It wasn’t great then and nothing has changed. They still have the same bedspread I think. The only thing it had going for it that it was clean. You can hear people in the next room talking. The ceiling was falling down and it did smell. No TV and no air conditioning. But wait it gets better, at night I was woken up a man snoring and it wasn’t my husband. The wall are truly paper thin. Stay here if you don’t want to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 September 2012

This place was a dump and definately not worth the price. The rooms and the building we stayed in are old and smelly. We were afraid to sit on the couch because it was so old and dirty.
The whole place could use a coat of paint, and there is no lawn to speak of. There was no landscaping done - it is all dirt everywhere you look; even by the river. We expected a pretty, grassy, pleasant place to sit by the river and a nice, clean place for the huge amount of money we paid. No phone, No TV, and no internet connections. One bathroom the size of a small closet. We were terribly dissapointed with this place and would not recommend it to anyone.
We found out that we could have stayed at the new Old Faithful lodge for $10.00 a night less and it is a beautiful new building.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Macks Inn was very rustic, but clean. I didn't feel like there were too many bugs or rodents. The cabin we stayed in had new windows and was very clean. The staff was nice. My kids loved the cabin. The river and scenery was beatiful and it was a great location for access to Yellowstone park. We enjoyed our stay but would probably stay somewhere else next time. It was a little more rustic than I like.

1  Thank Teresa P
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Had to ask for clean towels, bedding after two days, once we could get ahold of someone. Rustic is only good when it's still clean. Cobwebs and sunken in mattresses are not the cool/rustic our family was going for.

Room Tip: go somewhere else for a nice room
1  Thank wendy c
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I've read some pretty bad reviews of this place, and I don't know about the cabins on the east side of the highway. But we stayed at the motel, and it was not half bad. The stairwell to the upper level was quite rough, with some construction debris the unfinished work going on, but the room itself was clean, the bed and pillows quite comfortable, the toilet worked fine, the shower worked and didn't run out of hot water for me or my wife. So, I thought it was a decent place for a pretty good price. It's not fancy, doesn't even have a phone to call the front desk, and they don't make up the room unless you ask them too. But we thought it was a pretty good place to crash after a long day seeing the sights in Yellowstone (over an hour away, but hey, the lodging closer to the park is REALLY expensive) and I would probably stay here again if I needed a room for not too much moola. Just don't expect it to look like much. (Oh yeah, there is no A/C or ceiling fan either, but we were never there during the day so what the heck... it was ok at night so I can't complain too much. The heater looks ancient, but we were there in July, so it was not needed.) My wife was not at all impressed when we arrived, but by the time we left after 3 nights, she had to admit it was an ok room, and got the job done. There was a very loud group next to us for a couple of nights, but that can happen in ANY motel, so I can't make a big deal of it here. All in all, I thought it was better than many of the other alternatives in the area, and I don't regret going there at all. Just remember, this is for the motel on the west side of the highway. I know nothing about the cabins on the east side of the road and don't have any idea what THEY are like.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C L
Reviewed 19 August 2012

It was rustic at best and worn out. No TV, hairdryer, clock, shower was difficult to adjust. The carpet was dirty. The furnace did not work. No ice available to keep food cold. The office closed at 8pm so hope you dont need anything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2012

i was actually pleased that there was no tv and that the decor was so cheesy (i'm a sucker for duck lamps) but it went downhill when it came to actually sleeping in that place. you could actually see the springs poking out of the rock hard mattress. after a week of back country camping i thought i would treat myself to a hotel, and at $75 this was a splurge for me. already stressing about the money i spent, i pulled out my sleeping bag and camping pad to try and make the best of it. laying there i realized i could hear my neighbors talking in their room clear as a bell, then someone started playing music, and i realized i could hear everything, every drop of urine in their toilet, every snore, every bed squeak. these people were not realy being loud, the walls were just paper thin. i packed up my stuff about 11 pm to try to get my money back, but the office was closed. i tried to sleep the rest of the night but when the person upstairs was walking around at 5 am i went and camped in front of the office till they opened. trust me, the person walking around wasn't doing anything obnoxious, the building is just so poorly built they were making a racket just with their footsteps. of course the girl on duty was not authorized to give me any money back but she said she would have the manager call me to get a partial refund. that never happened. so i am doing my duty to my fellow travelers by placing this review and hope that you will keep going south to island park and have better luck.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Been to Mack's Inn Resort? Share your experiences!