“Great food with a view”
Review of Narrows - CLOSED

Narrows
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Narrows offers fine dining with unrivaled Pacific-Northwest fare served in an unforgettable setting.
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I had dinner here with friends and have been here several times before. The view of Payette Lake is one of the best anywhere in the world. The food at the Narrows overall is very good, but pricey. The menu has a wide variety of choices from starters such as wild mushroom broth with lobster dumplings and seared Georges Bank scallops to entries including King salmon, grouper, pheasant breast and elk loin. It also serves several cuts of steak with a choice of several sauces including peppercorn-brandy and bearnaise. I had the pheasant breast with chorizo stuffing, green onion potato rosito and bacon-pearl onion gravy. The pheasant was very moist and tender and the potato and gravy complimented the pheasant very well. My wife and another friend had filet mignon. My wife said it was the best she had ever had. While the food was overall very good, there were a few in attention to details that detracted from the evening. One friend ordered a vodka tonic, only to receive a vodka and water. He also ordered a baked potato that was served cold with his dinner. When it came to coffee, the staff ran out of fresh coffee. When the main courses were served the waiter had not put in place the proper knives for the order. Again, my wife and I will come again for the beautiful view and the lake and the overall quality of the food.

3  Thank Dale H
There are newer reviews for Narrows

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I had dinner with another couple at Narrows.The Payette Lake setting and views cannot be beat, so would the food be equally as good? This is a top dollar menu, so our expectations were set high. The service was very good and attentive without being intrusive. Salads were good and showed some creativity. 3 of us had the Double R Ranch filet and loved it. We all ordered it cooked differently and the chef hit the target with each order. Steak lovers willing to pay $38 for a filet should add Narrows to your list of places to visit. Since everything is ala carte, we ordered a bake potato to share and the asparagus side. Unfortunately these sides were pricey, but not well prepared. The potato had been split open in the kitchen and a small mess of topping dumped on it. The asparagus was a very meager amount and nothing special for $6. But, the steaks were so good we were well satisfied with the experience.

2  Thank Angeldawg
Reviewed 20 September 2013

While in McCall for a wedding, we stopped in at the Shore Lodge just to see the facility. We noticed that the bar was quite lively with a full house watching a Boise State football game. Fortunately a table opened up and we eventually spent the rest of the evening there. The small plates (not really that small) were all delicious and served as dinner. Our waitress Jesse was excellent, even with a large crowd. The views across the lake as the sun set were outrageous. If there is a more stunning bar in the mountain west, I'd like to see it. We didn't experience the restaurant but would assume that it is also very high quality.

2  Thank wilbron
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had a superb table for four overlooking the Lake when we took our American friends for a thank you dinner in September 2013. The menu choice was excellent including vegetarian options, not common in the US! The food prepared by the Chef Steve Topple was wonderfully presented and more importantly was delicious. The service was discreet without any pushy element on filling up your wine glass.
The cost is relatively high but was matched by the quality unlike many alternatives.

3  Thank Aero_13
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and I ate here to celebrate our anniversary, and I can honestly say it was the best meal I've ever eaten. Everything we ordered was delicious, the staff was great, and the view of the lake from our table was amazing. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Jeffrey D