“Perfect for family get togethers!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brundage Bungalows

Brundage Bungalows
Boise, Idaho
“Perfect for family get togethers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This place was perfect for our family vacation to McCall! My brother's family, sister's family, parents, and my family each had our own cabins, our own spaces and kitchens yet were close enough to feel together too! The cabin with the loft was perfect for the whole family to get together for dinner and the kids LOVED the loft! So much better than a hotel! We sat around the dining table and watched a group of deer walk right on by our window. There are different sizes and set ups to the cabins but the person on the phone explained them and helped us pick which ones were right for our families. (The loft for the family with the most kids, one with a separate bedroom for us with a baby, etc). And it was really nice to have a kitchen for our little ones that had all the basics that we needed. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mommafund

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed in the Brundage Bungalows with my kids and their families; we had a wonderful time. We loved the area and the close proximity to the lake, downtown, restaurants and the local market. We rented several of the cabins and each of them was amazing. My son and his wife do not have any kids, so the smallest one was perfect for them. One daughter and her husband had only one baby and loved the larger cabin. My other daughter and her husband have two kids and chose the cabin with an extra bedroom. My wife and I chose the larger one with a balcony. This one served as the gathering place for all of us and it was perfect.

I can honestly say that the Brundage Bungalows are a wonderful place to have a family reunion or a weekend get-away. Pick the cabin that fits you and enjoy; you will love it.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get the cabin that fits your needs and the size of your group. The one with the l...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had a great time at the Bungalow! It was clean and comfortable and there was plenty of room for my husband, my child, myself and a few of our friends who stopped by for dinner. The location was central and it was easy to get to downtown, the ski hill, the lake, etc. We will definitely be coming back!

As an aside, one of the bungalows has a loft and my kiddo LOVED it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

In January, a group of my friends planned a trip to McCall. As I have previously stayed at the Bungalows, I called again for a reservation. The process was smooth and quick. Once we all arrived, the place was in great condition and very clean. Walkways were cleared of snow and grounds were in clean and safe condition. The location is fantastic and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. I will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: Large Gatherings, I would recommend Cabin 6.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lora C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here on our first trip to McCall and had an amazing time. We stayed in the Grey Goose #4 cabin and had plenty of room for 2 people and a pet! The ability to bring our dog was definitely a huge plus as well, and the pet fee is much more reasonable than other options in the area.

Though we never saw the cabins before the remodel, the recent renovations are well done and provide a very cozy feeling to the space. Overall we found everything to be clean, comfortable, and quaint! I would highly recommend the Bungalows to anyone looking for a nice, affordable place to stay in McCall. We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Cabin #4 is tucked back a bit behind the others and provides a more private feel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NunaJon
Sisters, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

If you want to hear lots of road noise, experience an unbearably hot room in the summer and have no closet space for your clothes, this is the place for you.

The resort is made up of small bungalows, with 2 units forming a duplex in the center of the small resort.

When we called to make reservations, all units were booked except the Black Bear bungalow. The Black Bear bungalow was a unit in the duplex and was advertised for sleeping 6 people. It reminded me of the children's story of the 3 bears. There was one large room for kitchen, dining, lounging and sleeping. In the large room the 3 beds were placed alongside each other. Papa bear gets the queen bed, mama bear gets the full bed and baby bear gets the futon (where I neatly stacked all of my clothes for the vacation, since there was no closet). There is NO PRIVACY in this unit. It would probably work best for a couple with young children that they need to constantly monitor.

As I mentioned earlier, the Black Bear bungalow was part of a duplex and it sat in the middle of the tiny resort, with no trees to shade it. The day we arrived the temperature exceeded 90 degrees outside.......the metal roof heated the duplex up to well over 90 degrees. The ceiling fan wasn't helping at all. We were thrilled to see a brand new heating/cooling system had been installed, but couldn't find the controls anywhere. The front porch received direct sunlight in the afternoon. There was no place to cool down. The owners of the resort don't have on-site staff to help with problems. We called the emergency number listed on the rental sheet and left a message. No one called us back that night or the next day. We suffered in the heat all night. My husband was miserable. He couldn't sleep. The next morning he was to get up by 5am to begin a 3 day back country airplane flying course. He was sleep deprived and I was worried about his safety the entire next day.

I called the emergency phone number the next afternoon and learned that one of the partners, in charge of maintenance, was out of town at the time. He apologized that while they had gotten the a.c. installed, the contractor had quit the project and they couldn't find anyone locally to finish the work. I informed him that if we couldn't cool the unit down after the second very warm day in McCall, we'd been finding a different location and asking for our money back. He said he understood. The second night was slightly cooler, so we were able to get some sleep. This was short lived, as a family checked into the unit next to us, along with their dog.

We are pet lovers, owning 2 dogs and 2 cats of our own, which we left at home. The family next door took off on Saturday morning and left their dog locked in the small bungalow the entire day. Whenever the dog heard a strange noise it would begin barking and barking. No one returned to walk the dog, feed the dog, water the dog, etc. It was still very warm in McCall and the duplex, with metal roof, heated up during the day. Once night came the family still hadn't returned. The dog continued to bark and bark as we headed to bed after 10pm. The family finally returned home at 12:15am on Sunday morning. I jumped up and stuck my head out the door to confront the man. I told him that his dog had been barking all day. His response was, "It's not my fault." That's all he said. My heart was breaking for that poor dog.

The Brundage Bungalows are located feet from busy Hwy. 55 as it enters McCall from the West. They are close to Rotary Park and the public beach of Payette Lake. It's a 5 minute walk to Paul's grocery store. The bungalows have been recently remodeled and are very cute on the inside with lots of wood, tile and granite. Unfortunately, the owners are allowing the exterior of the units to run down. The plants from the prior season were dead and still in the window boxes and in flowerbeds in front of the units. The common area bbqs were filled with charcoal ash. Our porch hadn't been swept in a long time. The one small bench on our very hot porch was broken. It appeared that some of the original bungalows in the resort had been sold to private parties, and the one behind our duplex had a yard filled with lots of outdoor toys - bikes, rafts, etc. It made the resort look junky.

For the price that we paid for the room of beds, this property was disappointing. I'd strongly suggest that they establish on-site managers to improve their customer service, clean up the exterior of the property, and review their bed set up and pricing for the Black Bear bungalow. We LOVE the outdoors and the amenities that McCall offers, but likely won't return to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin away from the road with afternoon shade and shaded seating
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

What a location -- right across the street from Payette Lake and a short walk to downtown. Fully renovated bungalows with high end floors, granite counter kitchen which is also fully stocked to do all your cooking needs (including a great stove, big fridge, microwave, and dishwasher), beautiful walk in shower with gorgeous tile. A little noisy fridge and space heater but well worth it nonetheless. Great phone reservation booking. Take a vacation away from home and only bring personal belongings as everything else you need is here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DeanneHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge & Suites
#6 of 8 in McCall
Super 8 McCall
Super 8 McCall
#4 of 8 in McCall

Been to Brundage Bungalows? Share your experiences!