“the food, and view, were both outstanding”

The Clubhouse at Jug Mountain Ranch
Ranked #26 of 63 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Description: Whether you want a quick snack after your round of golf, a cocktail & an appetizer on the patio, or a romantic dinner, the Clubhouse is your perfect location. Nestled at the base of Jug Handle Mountain, enjoy the spectacular views and sunsets from our beautiful patio or dine indoors in our low impact building with green roof.
Corte Madera, California
“the food, and view, were both outstanding”
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Our patio dining dinner experiece was as wonderful as the view we ate it on. The Clubhouse at Jug Mountain Ranch golf course"s views only add to the enjoyment of a wonderful menu filled with great specials, as well local and organic choices.The wait staff was friendly,attentive, and knowledgable,and answered all of our requests.There were four of us, so we sampled, and enjoyed,all the we ordered.I will definately be coming again, and would strongly reccomend this to anyone going to McCall, Idaho

McCall, Idaho
“Jug Mountain Ranch Clubhouse, Jug Mountain Golf Course, McCall”
Reviewed 5 September 2009

The first time I had lunch on the deck overlooking the golf course, everything went well. Food was good; service was good; and view was great. Upon returning last week with my husband, it was one disappointment after another.

First of all, the serenity of the location is lovely - although the loud Michael Jackson songs being played through the outdoor speakers was awful. I asked to have it turned down (or shut off). The waitress said OK, but it took 3 more requests to have this taken care of. We waited for menus, water, a drink, silverware, the correct order. It took about 45 minutes to have our food delivered - AND there was only one other couple eating at the time, and no other customers in sight (I think I know why).

The waitress was pleasant, but I really concluded that she was probably on some sort of medication because she was very "ditsy", and couldn't remember anything (and never wrote anything down). Whenever we reminded her she would reply "absolutely"...and then forget once again.

The view is fabulous, the food is good, but plan on a very very long lunch. I don't think I will attempt dinner, because the cost is quite high, and I don't want to have to endure the same thing. I hope the owners do something about the service. In the past (at the prior restaurant at the golf course) I would always call the owners to share my comments (usually bad; occasionally good), but nothing ever changed. I was hoping at this new location they would improve the service, but based on last week's experience, I really have my doubts. I'd be interested to read any other comments by other diners.

1 Thank McCallFoodCritic