“This Salmon is Headed up the River”

Salmon River Brewery
Ranked #7 of 63 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Sisters, Oregon
“This Salmon is Headed up the River”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We visited the brewery in its original funky location in September 2013. This time we walked from our motel to the original site and were surprised to find it empty. Luckily some locals were standing nearby and told us where to find the new and improved brewery and restaurant. Wow, have things changed! The pub is located in a historical train building that was moved to the site, by Lake Payette, years back. The decor is upscale, fun and follows with the fish theme. It was the Christmas holiday so the place was packed when we stopped by during happy hour on a Thursday and then again for a late lunch on Friday. The servers were friendly and working their tails off trying to please everyone. They were running out of food and beer (double IPA) before the weekend, but did their best to accommodate us. A server told us that Anheuser Busch had invested money into the facility. We are glad that they got an infusion of cash but hope it doesn't change the small town charm that the brewery once had.

• Visited December 2013

“Met my expectations”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had heard of Salmon River Brewery from a friend, and decided to have a Saturday evening beer and dinner with my husband while visiting McCall. The server was very friendly and chatty, and the atmosphere is very diverse and comfortable for a bar-type setting. We came during happy hour and enjoyed $3 pints of their seasonal pumpkin and "Mctoberfest" selection, as well as a $3 appetizer (a heated-up pretzel with hot cheese dipping sauce).

My fish tacos were very good, and my husband enjoyed his elk burger. Each entrée had a side of chips (tortilla and potato).

As the evening became cooler, a fire was lit in the fire pit out front.

Overall a nice experience, and I think we will return if we visit McCall again.

• Visited October 2013
New Meadows, Idaho
“GREAT LOCAL JOINT”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Love the vibe of Salmon River Brewery. The only reason I gave this review 4 stars is because the location is too small for the demand! Always crowded and not enough outside seating. Funky atmosphere that is fun and unique. Great beer and sushi is the specialty! I never imagined I would go to a place like this and order sushi, but it is superb and worth the trip even if you are not interested in beer. I have heard their live music is a lot of fun.

Visited September 2013
Seattle
“Really cool place”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

A cool little brewpub with funky decor and solid beer. Had a local's only vibe which was different from the other brewpub in town which had the feel of a tourist joint. Had the Buzz Buzz Porter, the pale ale, and fried pickles-- good stuff all around. The patio/backyard area was enjoyable but I liked the bar area as well. My only compliant is that they weren't open for lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Hood River, Oregon
“Great beer, great burger”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Love the beer and the staff here. Food is mixed, but they have the best deal on an elk burger ever. Great beer, my favorite stop in McCall.

Visited January 2013

Been to Salmon River Brewery? Share your experiences!