“Popular brewpub”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you love micro beers, this is the place in McCall. Located in a vintage depot, Salmon River Brewery serves good pub food with a wide choice of beers, including its own. I had a bratwurst with sauerkraut wrapped in pita bread and my wife had beer cheese soup and green salad. On the weekends this is a very popular hangout.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Had dinner her tonight and it was great! Beer choices are diverse (the ciders were especially tasty). My husband had the burger which he was very happy with. I had the fish and chips and they were crisp and not greasy. Staff were attentive and professional. Glad we found this place.

1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lazy Sunday afternoon; hardly any customers. Our server was OK, but we often had to flag him down when we wanted something. The appetizer fries were really good and plenty for 4 to share. The salmon tacos were good, and so was the fish and chips. The burgers two of us ordered "medium rare", came out small and dry. The smoked gouda topping was barely showing on the bun. Very disappointing. Prices were OK, but really, learn to make a decent $10 burger. The potato salad looked much better than it tasted...no taste really. In spite of it all, we enjoyed a few beers - I had a crisp white wine. IF I go back, I'll probably stick with the fish and chips; and maybe a taste of their beer cheese soup.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We sat on the top deck, the view of the lake was fantastic. The food and beer selection was very nice. Food was a step up from your typical burger and beer joint. If you get a chance this place is well worth a stop, and of course sit outside on the top deck.

1  Thank Ride A H
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Late Friday Night... Try somewhere else. Came in at 10:30, kitchen closes at 11. Party of 6. They were not happy we were there. Did not feel welcome at all. Pub fries came back so salty that shouldn't if been eaten but after no check-back from server we ate most of them out of pure hunger; drenching them in every sauce on the table to reduce the saltiness. We didn't even see the server or any server to get help from. Wings were average. Other food was okay; both the burger and brat sandwiches were good but the sides brought out were wrong and the burger was the wrong burger. We would of really liked some water but the server didn't come back until he brought the check. We asked for 3 separate checks- by couple, couldn't be easier; he didn't do it so the CPA at our table did the math for him; wrote it the totals with last four digits of the cards that matched the total for him. He said, "oh man. Seriously" about having to separate it three times. They have it by computer; separating checks should be super easy. I almost wish we wouldn't of tipped and I think I will call and complain to a manager today. I never write bad reviews for small local restaurants that are in towns I live or vacation often but I make an exception for a truly awful experience. It was awful.

3  Thank Marlaynas