“Good, but not great service or food. Go for the lovely outdoor setting.”
Review of Lake Grill - CLOSED

Lake Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For a casual setting for breakfast and lunch, head downstairs to the Lake Grill. This restaurant features indoor and outdoor seating (seasonally) on our tiered patio with lush landscaping and gorgeous views of Payette Lake. Sunday now feature a piano player from 9am - 3pm.
McCall, Idaho
“Good, but not great service or food. Go for the lovely outdoor setting.”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Last week I dined here twice. Once with girlfriend, and once with hubby. Both times the service was really, really slow. Don't understand why, because there were very few people dining. Best not to go if you are famished.

Lunch with girlfriend was very good. Noticed the prices continue to rise each year. We ordered the wedge salad $9 and a burger $14. The wedge salad is traditionally a 1/4 head romaine lettuce, but their version is only 1/8, and chopped into 3 pieces - nice blue cheese crumbles and dressing, some chopped tomato and a few sprinkles of good bacon. The burger was cooked perfectly and was juicy and delicious. Fries were warm (not hot) and tasty. Needed doggie bag for 1/2 of my burger. Oh, and girlfriend is nearly addicted to their iced tea.

Lunch with hubby – he ordered the fish and chips ($15) – battered cod and fries, presented in a paper lined metal cone (cute) with Cole slaw, lemon and tartar sauce. We asked and they brought malt vinegar. It was good, but not great.

I had the Cobb salad. Nicely grilled tender chicken slices, avocado, blue cheese, and bacon completely covered chopped romaine. I started pulling out a few pieces of brown edged lettuce, and keep finding more, and more and more – until I had an entire pile of the old lettuce (more than half what I was served). I told the waitress I would never serve this in my own kitchen, let alone at the Shore Lodge. She did come back with a somewhat smaller plate of nice fresh lettuce. I then topped the new lettuce with the other ingredients, but continued to find more brown, old pieces from my original plate.

Very slow service, and not very professional. The young waitress never came to clear plates, or asks if we needed anything or wanted dessert.

But, the setting is lovely, with water rippling right up to tableside. Very nice patio furniture. A leisurely place to relax (allow plenty of time) and enjoy the scenery.

• Visited July 2012

Nampa, Idaho
“Wonderful Lake View and Great Food Too”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Recently had lunch with my husband at this lower-level Grill at the Lake Shore Lodge in McCall, Idaho.
We sat outside on the patio under the shade of an umbrella and although it was a very hot day the light breeze off Payette Lake kept us comfortable.

The food was excellant. The fish and chips hot, crisp and plentiful and the steak sandwich cooked to perfection. The service was a little slow but with such a nice view on a Saturday afternoon we didn't really mind the wait.

• Visited July 2012
Half Moon Bay, California
“Have the Lobster Pot Pie”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

They have a blue plate special for dinner each night. I had an awesome Lobster Pot Pie one night and the Broiled Chicken another night. Both were terrific.

Visited June 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
“Things that make you go Hmmmm”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We read great reviews on the Lake Grill which is downstairs at Shore Lodge, when we arrived we were told that they close at 2 pm but the Narrows Grill upstairs served the same menu. The view was awesome at both grills so we thought we would try it and enjoy the view. However that is where the enjoyment ended. I ordered the Turf and Surf.....Fried Pugent sound oysters and a Smoked Pork Belly, My wife ordered the Wings that said they were Korean style. The oysters were very small about the size of the last joint on my index finger, they were lightly breaded and barely fried at all, the breading was still almost white in color and the centers of the oysters were cold (yuck) the Pork Belly was fire grilled and so well done it was hard and mostly black on the out side, it did not taste like smoked meat at all, actually very bland. The wings were a nice portion but had a balsamic vinaigrette glaze slightly sweet? Korean wings we envisioned would have had Asian Peppers and Garlic not balsamic vinaigrette.......Strange results after reading the great views about the Lake grill. Also the Lake grill review said 9 to 14 dollars more like 12 to 35 I think the nice reviews were written by the staff at the Hotel BEWARE so strange and so so so overprice

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank bunster0
Issaquah, Wa
“Reasonably priced luxury”
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Perfectly prepared food in luxuriously appointed room with an incredible view of the lake and mountains. The service was friendly and expert. Lunch prices were very reasonable for the quality.