“Ginger, YES!”

Stacey Cakes
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in McCall
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Business meetings
Description: Made from scratch, and baked fresh daily four days a week, Thursday - Sunday from 8am to 4pm.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The ginger snaps from Stacy's are just heavenly! We would almost make the trip just for those. We have followed Stacy from Evening Rise to this location and its a fun place-just don't count calories.

3  Thank Bliving2

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had the huckleberry & raspberry cream cheese coffee cake, and it was really delicious. Great coffee, too, and very reasonable. I may go back tomorrow before we leave McCall and have the cherry pie. Too many choices and not enough "tummy room"! They are open Thursday-Sunday until 4PM.

2  Thank Shoemaven
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am sure this is an excellent place and the pastries are according to my friends who were with me, very tasty. The pastry was flaky and the scones were so delicious. But we were told they had gluten free options and when we arrived they were already out of the one gluten free pastry they made that day. They did have one chocolate chip cookie, but since we were looking for pastry we were disappointed. Hopefully they will add more to their menu soon.

A nice little place tucked away and they have fresh cookies, cakes, scones, and cheesecakes made daily!

3  Thank nurse4death
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I would highly recommend their salted caramel cheesecake. Cupcakes aren't the best but everything else is delicious!

2  Thank Chelsey S
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just got the chocolate raspberry shortbread, Twixt cookies, Almond scone, cinnamon roll, and mixed berry tart with my family of 5 (I added photos in the photo section). Both shortbread cookies were amazing and were my favorites of the bunch.

I had made arrangements for a special order cake for my daughter's birthday. I had emailed back and forth several times with the shop and was told I could pick up the cake on a Wed between 11-2, even though the shop is not open to customers that day. We arrived around noon to pick up the cake. There were several people inside, all of whom ignored us. The owner was on the phone and just pointed to the "Closed" sign and kept talking. So we were standing awkwardly outside the shop. My husband tried to call to say that we were there to pick up a cake. Line was busy. So we stand there until finally someone opens the door and asks if we were there to pick up the cake. They did apologize for it being so crazy.
The cake was cute and looked so good. However, the chocolate cake layers were dry. We were all so disappointed! The frosting was delicious though. I don't know if the cake layers were just baked too long -- or if they had been made in advance and left in the freezer too long.

We'll be back for the other baked goods, but sadly, not for the cake.

3  Thank Bunecca

Been to Stacey Cakes? Share your experiences!