“Quiet; squeaky clean bathroom; comfortable bed. That's all you need!”
Review of The Scandia Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McCall
The Scandia Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 McCall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I've never seen a cleaner bathroom! Nothing fancy, but this hotel is clean, inexpensive, and quiet. The location is great--just at the south end of town, so you can park your car and walk almost everywhere. We found the staff very accommodating, too. We needed an early check-in time, and they were happy to do this for us. I would highly recommend the Scandia.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gardengo

Reviewed 8 April 2010

Never having made the trip, we didn't realize how long it would take to drive from Boise to McCall (about 100 miles along a beautiful winding river route), so we decided to stay overnight in McCall rather than drive back home to the Boise area all in the same day. We checked out several places and found this was the best value for the money. We like staying in places where you can park right in front of your room entrance (rather than having to go through a lobby and up stairs or an elevator leaving your vehicle out of sight to you). The lady who checked us in was friendly and very helpful to us in finding a place to have dinner at such a late hour (for a weeknight). We greatly appreciated how she went out of her way to notify us at the time we wished to wake up in the morning . Too bad we forgot to turn in our room key when we left....so we had to return it by mail to them.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 22TangoSarasota_FL
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We enjoyed our stay at The Scandia Inn. This hotel had everything we needed for our stay, and the price was great. Hotel management was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank idnative
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We had reservations at Scandia Inn. Upon arrival, we looked at the room to see if it would be suitable for a physically-challenged family member. (We already knew the rooms were not handicapped accessible.) We found the room would not be suitable. We talked with Keith (owner). He was extremely rude--the rudest person we have ever met. He was rude and obnoxious in his behavior. If you want to be treated rudely, this place is for you. If you want to be ranted at by the innkeeper, this place is for you. We paid for the room, then went to the Holiday Inn Express where we were treated civilly and politely and had a nice room. Another family member who DID stay the night at Scandia Inn said the room was too smelly to sleep. The same family member said that at check-in, Keith threw the key at him and said, "Sign here; check-out is 11:00." Those were the only words of "welcome" they received.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank HCFBaltimore
May63, manager at The Scandia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2009

This kind of review is common when someone does not agree with our policies. We are only the managers of this motel, not the owners. The reservation was made by one of his relatives who has stayed here before and was fully aware of our policies. The relative that came in also knew we were not handicap accessible. He came in the day of the check in, decided to see if the room would work or not. He decided the room would not work; he trying to cancel the room. I reminded him of our policy. He then left and came back approximately about an hour later still trying to cancel the room and I would not cancel the reservation. Why would this party not ask further questions about our motel rooms in advance instead of showing up the day of check in to evaluate a room that he knows is not handicap accessible?

We held the room the entire night for this gentleman. We found out from the other relative who had held the room that he had made a reservation else where.

I talked to the relative that made the reservation; she understood the policy and paid for the room. I even told her that if by chance I would have rented the room I would not have charged her for the room.

When the rest of this party came in they were both polite and I did the normal check in procedure for them both.

Keith & Ida
Managers Scandia Inn

Reviewed 2 September 2009

This is a small motel within reasonably easy walking distance of McCall centre.

Rooms generally were of good standard with everything working. A very reasonable basic motel. Only noticeable faults were that rooms away from the main road tended to have a vague damp smell about them & there was no internet. Perfectly good for the odd night though.

If here, I'd recommend stopping here purely as its a hop over the road on Colorado Street from Salmon River Brewpub & Sushi Bar. Worth a stop in the area just for this alone.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
May63, Manager at The Scandia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2010

We constantly check our rooms for any issues. It is always interesting that a visitor will submit reviews of our motel without even mentioning issues they had or problems they detected. We welcome constructive complaints or questions about our motel. To be honest we have never had complaints or have we detected moisture smells or issues with our rooms. If this individual would have checked with us we would have told him we do have internet. We have ethernet not wireless, we never advertise wireless. Ethernet is highspeed DSL, you have to connect with an ethernet cable into a jack on the wall in each room and then connect to your computer. We do have ethernet cables at the office if a guest needs one.

Reviewed 17 March 2009

My review on the Scandia Inn is a very good one. I do inspections on different Motels through the country from the West Coast to the East Coast. I have stayed at the Scandia Inn in McCall ID 4 times now as I do live in Idaho and do a lot of outdoor things in the mountains. I have found that the management was very friendly and accommodating. The prices are lower then the other Motel’s in town. The rooms are med size and yes as Ziegekonig made the comments there is no fan in the bathroom. This is to be expected as it was built back in the early 70’s as stated in the story that is posted on the door in each room.

The two managers are running the Motel by themselves 24/7 as they don’t have any help at this time. Keith works the office and does repairs, at one point Keith was doing everything as Ida was in the hospital very sick. Ida has been doing the cleaning of the rooms. I have been in four different rooms when I stayed there. Each room was very clean. They take the time to chat with you even if they are tired which I could see when I was there this last time.

I would recommend the Scandia Inn very highly to anyone that is going through McCall or going up there for Skiing, snowmobiling or any summer sports that you are doing to do.

Snwbrd… I am sorry you didn’t feel welcome there, I felt very welcome and talked to others that were staying there the times I stayed and they all agreed with me on what a great job the management was doing, but like I said the managers are working 24/7 without help. Everyone has an off day and if you have not been in there shoes I would be a little forgiving.

Thank you Trip Advisors for letting me put my comment on.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank inspector10
Reviewed 9 February 2009

The room at the Scandia Inn was fine but the service was lacking. We did not feel welcome or appreciated as guests from the time we checked in. I'm sorry to say we will not stay again and we were disappointed enough to share our experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple