“Really nice!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Meridian, Idaho
“Really nice!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Looks, smells and feels brand new! Great, warm chocolate cookies. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice hot tub and pool. The bed is huge, and super comfortable. Free internet even in the room. Lots of parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jerame P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you so much for your Recent review of our hotel The Hunt Lodge. It really encourages the staff to know that they are fulfilling the needs of our loyal customers. We hope to see you back soon before the winter is over! Thank you again for choosing The Hunt Lodge for lodging needs in McCall, ID.
Jerame Petry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boise ID
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have been staying here on intermittently business the last few months. This has changed my view slightly as it charms wear off over extended stays. Firstly is the lack of any real warmth from the front desk. After multiple i don't think they even know my name, and certainly don't care about any preferences for a comfortable stay. I can live with that, but this last stay I called down to the desk at 2:30 am stating I was ill and did they have any Ibuprofen, they didn't which was OK, but when checking out the next am, no one even asked how I was feeling ??? At least pretend to care.
The breakfast has no variation, and the closest thing to "fresh" are bananas that invariably have brown spots.
The rooms were recently renovated, with my favorite change being new lamps with plugins, but the mattresses have not been upgraded.
This continues to be a good spot to stay overnight or for a leisure, but for business the overall noise level, lack of food options, and superficial customer service do not delight.

Room Tip: avoid rooms next to the elevator (11,12,13), very noisy
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
thehuntlodge, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear JudyfromBoise,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay. I want to sincerely apologize for any lack of customer service that you experienced while staying with us. It is our intention to make every guest feel as though they are important and make their stay as comfortable as possible. As you mentioned we are in the midst of an extensive remodel as well as hiring several new staff members. We are attempting to get everyone up to speed on our new system as well as guest relations. It is our intention to make your stay more enjoyable and I'm sorry that this was not the case during your visits. During the remodel we have tried to make changes that will benefit our guests, especially our business traveler's. We did in fact add all new furniture, including bed frames and mattresses as well as microwaves and refrigerators in every room. You mentioned that you enjoyed the plug in's in the lamps and I was happy to hear that. During your next stay please feel free to come to us personally and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant. Again, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced. Have a wonderful New Year!!

Sincerely.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel is updated, clean, and quiet. It has a heated pool, hot tub, fitness center, and free wifi.

The breakfast is better than most ones you get free with a stay. It includes biscuits and gravy, pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc... My only complaint is that the apple juice was diluted and tasted like flavored water. My husband said that the orange juice was normal.

The room was an adequate size with a comfortable bed, large TV, refrigerator, and microwave. The heater/air conditioner was quiet. The only things I didn't like were that the sink was slow to drain and the sheets/pillow cases had random, faint blood stains all over them.

• Stayed December 2013
thehuntlodge, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear 2tortoiseshells,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay. We love to hear from our guest's as it helps us improve our quality of service. We are looking into our juice machine to see if the apple juice is being diluted a bit too much. I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. You also mentioned a stain on the pillow case in your room. I apologize for that. We go through our linens daily to try to avoid that sort of thing so the room attendants have been made aware of the situation. We hope to see you again soon and wish you a wonderful New Year!

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I try to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels when I can because of past good experiences. I was happily surprised at the beautiful decor of The Hunt Lodge. After the construction (which caused minimal problems at most) this place will be the fanciest 2 1\2 star I've stayed at.

My biggest "complaint" would be that the breakfast room was more dimly lit than I'd like for reading. Oh, and there was a small piece of fuzz on one of the lights in the bathroom--yes, that's the big complaint.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms above the first floor so that I can open the windows all the way.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
thehuntlodge, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Grant S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We love to hear about our guest's experiences! As you noticed we are under a complete renovation and can't wait to unveil the finished product! All of our rooms will be brand new as well as new carpet and amenities throughout the hotel. We hope to see you again in the spring spring when everything is finished. As for that pesky piece of dust in the bathroom, I went and tackled it myself! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was here for a quick weekend getaway before finishing a relocation from Oregon to Iowa. Easy access to town, the great restaurant across the street and just a lovely setting and building. The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff extremely helpful - a steal for the area and I hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
thehuntlodge, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Sawbuck57,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It means the world to us to hear about our guest's experience's. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the spring when our hotel is completely remodeled. The rooms will be fully renovated with new flooring, wall paper and furniture. Thanks again and have a wonderful Holiday Season!!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel and staff were a real pleasure, room was great and the included breakfast was excellent. Would definitely stay here again!
We were greeted by a wonderful desk person when we got in late at night in the rain. he went out of his way to help us. The next morning I had a problem with my Motorcycle and had to get a tow. The hotel extended our checkout to a later time to accommodate the wait we had for the tow to come from 3 hours away. They went above and beyond and it was definitely appreciated.
I was traveling on a BMW touring motorcycle and they even went as far as allowing me to keep it under the front canopy out of the weather. This was really appreciated!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
thehuntlodge, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear jimmcma,

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us and we will pass on your compliments to our front desk agent. We love the feedback! Please come see us again in the spring when our hotel is fully remodeled. Have a great Holiday Season!

Troy, Idaho, USA
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We LOVE the Hunt Lodge! Our room is perfect - the bed is comfortable, the room is quiet, the tub and bathroom are very clean and very nice. We asked several informational items and the guy at the front desk was wonderful!! He made great suggestions for us for dinner!! This was a FANTASTIC stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kimberlyhammond
thehuntlodge, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Kimberly Hammond,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!!! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again. I will share your review with our staff to help encourage them to keep up the good work!
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#4 of 8 in McCall
The Rustic Inn
The Rustic Inn
#6 of 8 in McCall

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge? Share your experiences!