Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Came down from Coeur d' Alene and stayed one night here. Rooms are clean and simple. Beds were comfy. Like the frige and microwave and coffee.
Free breakfast was really good.
swimming pool and hot tub large and clean. Having coffee , tea and hot cocoa all day were a nice added touch.
Location is close to everything can walk to everything.
Price is average!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rod l

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Hunt Lodge is really nice--more like a resort hotel room than a Holiday Inn Express. Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. I was really surprised at how large the overall facility was.

I can highly recommend it except for one problem. Whoever designed the plumbing didn't insulate the walls enough and every time someone used the shower upstairs the noise in our room was loud. That's a little annoying!

This may have been a problem only in our room, and I'm sorry, I do not remember the room number. Otherwise everything was quite satisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I give this hotel a 5, not because it's Equivalent to The Ritz Carlton, but because for the price, you can't do any better. If you're looking for a place in McCall and you are budget conscious,, go ahead and spend the extra 20 bucks and stay here. I rate hotels on creature comforts: room ambiance/appointments, comfort of bed, pillows, shower, towels, extras.
This hotel has it all!
Room Ambiance-beautifully appointed with Flat Screen TV and free Wi-Fi
Bed - Heavenly! Like sleeping on a cloud
Pillows - really comfortable
Shower - great water pressure, adjustable head, easy to get to the correct temperature, now bursts of hot or cold water
Towels - like a Roman Spa! Plush, large and absorbent, and plenty of them!
Extras - refrigerator, coffee maker, plenty of outlets for electronics, Free Breakfast (and a good one at that!)
Staff - very friendly and accommodating. We had a King Room reserved and they didn't have one so we got a suite for the same price.
Downside - No view of the lake, but who cares?
All in all a great property and terrific value!
Book em Dano!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had not been to the area for about 4 years. It was good to see the hotel being proactive and completing renovations before things got bad.
Another great stay in a lovely facility. Rooms are beautiful & clean. Breakfast was good & the warm cookies are appreciated!
Location is excellent. Easy walking distance to everything!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jerame P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear J M,
Thank you for choosing The Hunt Lodge - Holiday Inn Express for your recent stay here in McCall, ID. We here at the Lodge take pride in the service we deliver to our guest, so it is always encouraging to here that our guests enjoy their stay. Although we have recently finished the renovation of the rooms we are not stopping there! We will be finishing the remodel of the lobby and conference room in April as well as upgrading our Wireless Internet service. Thank you again for choosing The Hunt Lodge.
Jerame Petry

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Being on a business trip, I had the pleasure of staying at The Hunt Lodge for more than 7 days. During my stay the staff was always professional, helpful and friendly. They have a well-equipped exercise room, and I was surprised to see that there was a weight scale. The breakfast each morning is the best I have ever had at a hotel. What a selection! (The coffee was superb!) Their spa and pool were spotless, and were a great ending to a stressful work day. I had a Deluxe King Room. It was large, comfortable, very clean and had a "at home" feeling to it. I am having a hard time trying to come up with something that is wrong with this hotel....but I cannot! Highly recommend you give it a try.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Looks, smells and feels brand new! Great, warm chocolate cookies. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice hot tub and pool. The bed is huge, and super comfortable. Free internet even in the room. Lots of parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jerame P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you so much for your Recent review of our hotel The Hunt Lodge. It really encourages the staff to know that they are fulfilling the needs of our loyal customers. We hope to see you back soon before the winter is over! Thank you again for choosing The Hunt Lodge for lodging needs in McCall, ID.
Jerame Petry

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have been staying here on intermittently business the last few months. This has changed my view slightly as it charms wear off over extended stays. Firstly is the lack of any real warmth from the front desk. After multiple i don't think they even know my name, and certainly don't care about any preferences for a comfortable stay. I can live with that, but this last stay I called down to the desk at 2:30 am stating I was ill and did they have any Ibuprofen, they didn't which was OK, but when checking out the next am, no one even asked how I was feeling ??? At least pretend to care.
The breakfast has no variation, and the closest thing to "fresh" are bananas that invariably have brown spots.
The rooms were recently renovated, with my favorite change being new lamps with plugins, but the mattresses have not been upgraded.
This continues to be a good spot to stay overnight or for a leisure, but for business the overall noise level, lack of food options, and superficial customer service do not delight.

Room Tip: avoid rooms next to the elevator (11,12,13), very noisy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
thehuntlodge, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear JudyfromBoise,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay. I want to sincerely apologize for any lack of customer service that you experienced while staying with us. It is our intention to make every guest feel as though they are important and make their stay as comfortable as possible. As you mentioned we are in the midst of an extensive remodel as well as hiring several new staff members. We are attempting to get everyone up to speed on our new system as well as guest relations. It is our intention to make your stay more enjoyable and I'm sorry that this was not the case during your visits. During the remodel we have tried to make changes that will benefit our guests, especially our business traveler's. We did in fact add all new furniture, including bed frames and mattresses as well as microwaves and refrigerators in every room. You mentioned that you enjoyed the plug in's in the lamps and I was happy to hear that. During your next stay please feel free to come to us personally and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant. Again, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced. Have a wonderful New Year!!

Sincerely.
The Hunt Lodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#6 of 8 in McCall
Brundage Bungalows
Brundage Bungalows
#3 of 11 in McCall

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge? Share your experiences!