“Amazing service, gorgeous rooms”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed 21 February 2011

What an imaculate place! From the moment I stepped through the lobby doors, I could tell that this place pays attention to detail. All of the employees were smiling and helpful, they even offered me a bottle of water at check-in because I said I was hot!! More than that, the rooms were spotless clean and beautiful.

The indoor pool and jacuzzi was incredible and huge! So much fun for the kids. The front desk even let us borrow goggles for our sons. What a treat. I give this place a great A+ rating for cleanliness and friendliness!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 January 2011

The warm atmosphere and the friendly staff made this stay a delight. I would recommend these accommodations to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I was only able to stay at this hotel for one night, as work dictated my schedule. I sure wish I could have stayed longer. WONDERFUL scenery, fantastic employees, relaxing and clean room. A HUGE thumbs up!!! My only complaint is that there was no fridge or microwave in the room. Otherwise, I loved it!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We only stayed one night on our way to northern Idaho but this was a good location. Sometimes weather is a factor and it was great that the pool is indoors and rate includes free breakfast & newspaper. Staff were very helpful in suggesting things to see/do in area, even though they hadn't lived there long themselves. Beds were comfortable. Coffeemaker provided in bathroom. Comfortable large bathroom. Even though the hotel is on the main thoroughfare, it was quiet in the rooms. There are bikes for rent outside the lobby.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We'd read the reviews and booked this hotel after arriving in Boise in the afternoon (McCall is two hours north.) We asked the clerk where to eat and she told us a place within walking distance -- never mentioning the cute downtown of McCall was just a couple miles north! So we ate, then went exploring and discovered what we'd missed! Downtown McCall is on a lake and is lovely and fun. Nothing against the HIE hotel--because it's great, but just stay there knowing the action is happening a few miles north.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MidwestEmptynester
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We are into our second evening here and it has been so very nice. Beautiful decor, from the common areas (granite table tops in the dining area! ) Taxidermy trophies everywhere ... beautiful lodge themed fixtures everywhere. A spotless, tastefully decorated suite room that comfortably sleeps five - the rollaway bed actually fits in the room. Granite in the bathroom ... stainless fridge and microwave, soft comfy beds. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the dining room very spacious. The kids really enjoyed the pool and huge spa.

The only problem we have encountered has been in the fitness room - it's small to begin with, and not all of the machines/weight lifting stations work. But it's certainly better than none at all.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel to families with kids.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I travel quite frequently on business in Idaho. I have stayed at just about every motel in McCall and the Holiday Inn Express is by far the best accomodations available. Even though it's not located downtown the amenities and staff make up for it. The decor for a Holiday Inn Express was amazing, much nicer than others I've stayed in. The pool and large spa was were clean and well cared for.
You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#5 of 8 in McCall
Brundage Bungalows
Brundage Bungalows
#3 of 11 in McCall

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge? Share your experiences!